1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

NEX 7 continuous focusing

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by LK23, Sep 6, 2013.

1. LK23

LK23 New to SC

Aug 31, 2013
    I have a new Sony NEX 7 and took a number of test photos today trying various functions. As I walk around with the camera and Zeiss 32mm lens, the lens refocuses every 3 to 5 seconds. I would rather it only focus when I depress the shutter button. How do I turn off the continuous focusing?

Rex

2. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Unfortunately, it is impossible. There are only two ways to keep the camera from constantly refocusing: a) turn it off; or b) switch it to the playback mode.

3. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    What about locking focus with AFL?

4. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    If it realy bothers you, you can set the camera to manual mode, and assign the rear AEL-AF/MF button to AF/MF and set it on hold rather than toggle. Now, when you press and hold the AF/MF button the camera will autofocus. Release it and it will stop focusing (and you can manually fine tune if you want). Half pressing the shutter button will now only set the metering.