NEX-7 delayed in Europe.

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by soundimageplus, Nov 5, 2011.

1. soundimageplus

soundimageplus SC Top Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 6, 2010
    According to this weeks issue of Amateur Photographer magazine here in the UK:-

"Sony has confirmed that it has postponed, indefinitely, the European launch of its NEX-7 camera"

Please note:- this is in the magazine, and not on the website.

2. Tord S Eriksson

Tord S Eriksson SC Regular

Aug 16, 2010
    Gothenburg. Sweden
    Just cancelled my order, and bought a second 5N (to my wife) instead!

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Good move Todd. I'm hearing it will be delayed most places due to lack of parts etc. It may be delayed but it will still sell in huge numbers. This camera will be a game changer and have an impact on future designs.
    In time, in time....

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    That's really too bad about the delay. This has sounded like the best NEX yet. I hope the delay will be shorter than expected.

5. Tord S Eriksson

Tord S Eriksson SC Regular

Aug 16, 2010
    Gothenburg. Sweden
    There seem to be noise issues with the A77, and there probably are similar problems with the NEX-7! Been out tonight shooting with my old Pentax-M 400 + 2.0X converter and the NEX-5N! In video amazing results, not quite as good with stills!

6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Tord, could you post what exposures and ISO you were working with. With that info I can figure what the light was like... Just curious...
    Don

7. elroos

elroos SC Regular

Nov 5, 2011
    Netherlands
  8. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    This is just Sony being nice and giving folks the time to check out the new Fuji system instead of impulse-buying a NEX 7 for Christmas. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Naughty, flysurfer!:wink:

I feel for everyone who's wanted this camera and for the producers (the people that work for them not the company per se). The NEX 7 has always seemed from my readings as though it was going to be their pièce de résistance. I'm sure plenty of people are waiting impatiently! So thanks for the news update, Leo!:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  10. elroos

elroos SC Regular

Nov 5, 2011
    Netherlands
    My original plan was to get the NEX-7 but all the information about the noisy 24MP sensor (in the A77, perhaps a little better in the NEX-7, but still) and the fact that it's uncertain when the 7 will arrive in the shops made me decide otherwise. So I bought a 5N with EVF and LA-EA2 adapter so I can use all my Minolta/Sony lenses; and so far I'm very happy with it

I think 16 MP is enough (certainly for the APS-C sensor) and the high iso noise levels of the 5N are reported to be very good. The 7 has more dedicated buttons but I'm using the NEX mainly for manual focus lenses so I don't need many.