Sony NEX-7 delayed in Europe.

Good move Todd. I'm hearing it will be delayed most places due to lack of parts etc. It may be delayed but it will still sell in huge numbers. This camera will be a game changer and have an impact on future designs.
In time, in time....

There seem to be noise issues with the A77, and there probably are similar problems with the NEX-7! Been out tonight shooting with my old Pentax-M 400 + 2.0X converter and the NEX-5N! In video amazing results, not quite as good with stills!

This is just Sony being nice and giving folks the time to check out the new Fuji system instead of impulse-buying a NEX 7 for Christmas. :)

Naughty, flysurfer!;)

I feel for everyone who's wanted this camera and for the producers (the people that work for them not the company per se). The NEX 7 has always seemed from my readings as though it was going to be their pièce de résistance. I'm sure plenty of people are waiting impatiently! So thanks for the news update, Leo!:2thumbs:

My original plan was to get the NEX-7 but all the information about the noisy 24MP sensor (in the A77, perhaps a little better in the NEX-7, but still) and the fact that it's uncertain when the 7 will arrive in the shops made me decide otherwise. So I bought a 5N with EVF and LA-EA2 adapter so I can use all my Minolta/Sony lenses; and so far I'm very happy with it

I think 16 MP is enough (certainly for the APS-C sensor) and the high iso noise levels of the 5N are reported to be very good. The 7 has more dedicated buttons but I'm using the NEX mainly for manual focus lenses so I don't need many.

Back