1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX-7 in stock at b&h

Discussion in 'News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I'm on the road and posting this from my phone. Please use the link to b&h in my signature so we get crediit :)

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    A very enticing camera, I must say. Glad to know B&H has it.:2thumbs:

3. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Just checked... they still say unavailable?

4. adanac

adanac SC Veteran

Sep 30, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    They certainly do not have it according to their site at present - availability unknown. I wonder if web gargoyles were having some fun...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Well that didn't last long!

It was in stock though. Our B&H rep emailed me specifically to tell me that they had a small shipment in, and it was listed as "In Stock" when I made the post (and shortly after that).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I refuse to look at this thread ... I refuse to ... oh ... too late.

BH states "new item" and something about unkown arrival date.

• Like Like x 1
  7. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    You can check photozone review:
    Sony Alpha Lens Tests (APS-C)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I gifted my NEX3 to a buddy as his wedding gift. But I kept the 16mm. It's a decent lens, and often maligned by some because Sony failed to release a fast prime when the NEX3/5 were first released.

Here's a portrait with the 16mm (on the NEX3) at ISO3200. Pleasant results other than a wide angle is not ideal for a portrait (stretched my GF's face).

5325541032_aeca57f1a9_b.
    Amelia Earhart in the Smithsonian - Sony NEX-3, 16/2.8, ISO3200 by Armanius, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I know exactly what you are saying. I'm the same. been mizzling about the K-5 for ages, and I have 6 lenses as well, I could do a lot with that money. Then, I go off and use it for a few days and love it all over again. I think my camera usage is a mood thing. "Oh dear, what shall I take today... hmmm..."

Nex7 sounds great, looks great, but I think sizewise I am happy with the K-5 and lightweight DA and FA primes. So stop right there. You dont need it!!! (Talking to myself as much as you)

• Like Like x 1
  10. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    NEX 7 looks interesting. Samsung pancakes look interesting. Ricoh GXR is the best compact solution for M-lenses. The waiting for the Fuji system continues.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  11. texascbx

texascbx SC Veteran

Jul 10, 2010
    Canton Texas
    Ricky
    Hey Stanleyk. I see you live in Taylor. I used to deliver to Taylor every day when I worked for Con-Way freight company out of Austin about ten years ago. Do they still have that big picture frame company there? The best bar-b-que I ever ate came from Taylor. I bet you never ate at that little grocery store over by the grain elevator where the owner raises his own cows and bar-b-ques brisket right outside the store. I think it's on Walnut street.