Nex August Announcements...

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Pelao, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Thom Hogan has updated his Sony predictions, including those for Nex

I do not follow Sony closely, and had not heard about the new fast focusing adaptor for Alpha lenses on Nex. Probably bulky, but still interesting, especially for the Nex 7.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    They've just got to get some real lenses going. Only the 24mm sounds interesting to me. I'm not interested in a 30mm macro, and not that slow. Or giant APS-C zooms (relative to m43). That system could use a good, fast 30 and a portrait lens (maybe around 60mm). I hope they surprise us with some quality lens releases, and not just more bodies. We shall see!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Yes, for me M4/3 has a great lens selection: good quality and small. Nex is not there with the selection. If they had the equivalents of reasonably fast 35, 50 and 75 or 90, I would look again. The 24 is a start, but there are big gaps for my purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    According to the Sony roadmap the lenses to be released in 2011 are a 24, a 50 1.8 and a 55-200 (presumably f4-5.6). There are of course existing commitments from Sigma and Tamron to manufacture E-mount lenses so perhaps they might also be releasing a few more around the same time.

• Like Like x 1