Nex August Announcements...

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Pelao, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Thom Hogan has updated his Sony predictions, including those for Nex

I do not follow Sony closely, and had not heard about the new fast focusing adaptor for Alpha lenses on Nex. Probably bulky, but still interesting, especially for the Nex 7.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 15, 2010
    They've just got to get some real lenses going. Only the 24mm sounds interesting to me. I'm not interested in a 30mm macro, and not that slow. Or giant APS-C zooms (relative to m43). That system could use a good, fast 30 and a portrait lens (maybe around 60mm). I hope they surprise us with some quality lens releases, and not just more bodies. We shall see!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Yes, for me M4/3 has a great lens selection: good quality and small. Nex is not there with the selection. If they had the equivalents of reasonably fast 35, 50 and 75 or 90, I would look again. The 24 is a start, but there are big gaps for my purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    According to the Sony roadmap the lenses to be released in 2011 are a 24, a 50 1.8 and a 55-200 (presumably f4-5.6). There are of course existing commitments from Sigma and Tamron to manufacture E-mount lenses so perhaps they might also be releasing a few more around the same time.

• Like Like x 1