Sony NEX- Automotive STROBING attempt!

rcubed

Rookie
Swapped back my summer rims and gave her a nice wash.

5504575002_b2ddf18646_m.jpg

Click for higher res + Shot Setup!
5503988275_f3e1b1eff5_m.jpg

Click for higher res!+ Shot Setup!

SOOO much better than the ugly curbed up stockers I used for winters.

Vancouver had a mild winter and im hoping that its the end of the cold here. Looks like lows of +6ºC for the next couple of weeks at least.

Flashes triggered from next like so:
2011-02-24122337.jpg

Those are some cool car shots on your Flickr account!

What wireless controller are you using?
Yong Nuo YN-602RF
BBW said:
Richard, thanks for these. You put me to shame - if I had to take photographs of my MINI right now, even without this lighting, it would be a sad tale!
Haha Thanks. You still have some pretty sweet shots on your flickr! I just make up for it though the magic of photoshop. Lol

Looks like you got your camera rigged well, one of the biggest grips about this camera is its lack of larger flash.

Don't think I would ever need such a powerful light, but it is great to see it can be done. Wonder if this will be changed on the next version.

As for your car, it looks great. A bit of a car buff myself, so fun to check out others rides.

Hmm, Photoshop detailing?:D
Involved a couple hours of tweeking and airbrushing/burning/dodging to get it right. Lol :)
Looks like you got your camera rigged well, one of the biggest grips about this camera is its lack of larger flash.

Don't think I would ever need such a powerful light, but it is great to see it can be done. Wonder if this will be changed on the next version.

As for your car, it looks great. A bit of a car buff myself, so fun to check out others rides.
I dont understand why they couldn't put a hotshoe onto the camera, or at least have a screw type hotshoe adapter! Its a pretty sweet camera, but quite limited at times.
Theres always workarounds though. :)

Thanks for the comments! :)

Back