NEX6 with 35mm Leica summilux

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Chrisnmn, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris Leskovsek
    Hey guys,

I just posted a whole post with this combo for those interested.

[​IMG]

To be honest, the camera is easy to deal with, yet different to operate than my previous olympus or ricoh. (I just hate that i cannot assign different functions to the wheels specially having the exposure compensation after a click with the back wheel)

[​IMG]

The camera has an amazing IQ thats for sure. I love having base ISO of 100 once again. And the Leica lens just simply renders things beautifully to my taste.

[​IMG]

check the whole set at http://chrisleskovsek.com/blog/2013/11/23/friday-night-snaps

for the gear heads: all shots at iso 1600 processed with LR 5.2 with my own home brewed B&W recipe.

• Like Like x 9
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I like these a lot, you focused on some interesting points and conveyed the atmosphere really well:). Did you silver efex these or are they ooc b & w ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    nice set

• Like Like x 1
  4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    great shots, they give a really nice feel of the atmosphere! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great atmosphere shots.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris Leskovsek
    Thanks Christine, appreciate it. The bar was packed and i love that band so it was a good night indeed. As for the processing, no, i dont even own a copy of silver efex. This were processed with lightroom 5.2 with my own b/w preset. I also dont shoot jpegs, only raw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mebe.ingme

Mebe.ingme SC Rookie

Oct 4, 2013
    Really well done Chris your work never ceases to amaze me.

So which camera have you replaced the nex with?

8. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris Leskovsek
    Thanks so much!. I havent replaced the NEX with anything. dont think i will though, i love the size and how it works. Though different from my previous cameras. Im still deciding if i jump on the A7/r wagon or not.

9. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Great set... looks like you are having no problem nailing focus?

I keep going back to the NEX-6, especially after the Touit price drop. I just checked Sony Rewards and if you are a Sony card holder, the NEX-6 body is on sale for $490 including tax. Tempting!

10. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    Unique photo has one used w/ 16-50mm lens for $550, you can sell the lens easily for $200-250:
    http://www.uniquephoto.com/used/use...nex-6-camera-with-16-50mm-lensused-excellent-

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris Leskovsek
    Hi Kyle,

no, no problem at all. is really easy with such a good EVF and peaking plus some eye-guessing. Of course ive missed a few here and there. But its really easy to do. Thats why im going full manual from now onwards. I enjoy it more. Also gives me some freedom onto were and what i want to focus at, plus when i need quick af hyperfocal focusing cant be beaten with no technology. so im happy with that.

• Like Like x 2