night at the carnival parade

Paul, I really like the first one for its subject matter, young and old both seemingly absolutely absorbed in what they are witnessing, one is lead to the conclusion that they are related, although of course that may not be the case, but it would give the image further significance if they were.

Barrie

The series is great, Paul. There is something interesting for me about 4th image, with the subject using a modern device, yet the capture having plenty of analog grain. Also, love the man with daughter looking over the crowd. The light is cool... it looks more like a UFO landing to me than a night parade. :)

The first for me also, Paul, but I am similarly pleased with the fourth, something about the atmosphere of it.
And it's easy for me to identify with the fifth, my daughter being regularly on my shoulders:)

in the spirit of the OktoberPhotofest, I'm just letting these images stand on their own merits (or demerits) so no gear or process talk :)

(although of course if you click through to Flickr you might get some clues from the comments and tags ;))

I like the feel of all of these images a lot. I think I like the last two the best overall (although the subject matter in the first is compelling), but the set works well as a whole too...

-Ray

Back