Night Shots; Post 'em Here!

Lili

Hall of Famer
Name
Lili
Any camera is ok
I have gotten back into using my GRD 3, having missed the draw of the lens/sensor as well as the artificial level.
6890720831_6a3dc4bbeb_b.jpg

6890727977_5c6a46abcc_b.jpg

the smaller sensor mean we do not get bokeh, think of Kai from digitalrev sayin that, but there is a subtle 3D effect from the fast lens in this second shot I adore.

Sue, I don't know what the small DSLR forum is, but I'm never in it. NEVER get peeved if your work seems ignored. Shoot what you love. The second here is a super fave for me. You can't please everyone all the time.

here's a super noisy shot with an old superzoom. a 5 second exposure with a few candles and some starlight. I like the crazy colors and the moving clouds....
View attachment 49495
night shot by candlelight by Lukinosity, on Flickr

and another super noisy shot from the same candlelit evening, but sometimes noise doesn't matter. This is my wife and our little dog Charlie (who was pretty new at the time). This one still makes my heart swell......
View attachment 49496
Lauren and Charlie by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Sue, I don't know what the small DSLR forum is, but I'm never in it. NEVER get peeved if your work seems ignored. Shoot what you love. The second here is a super fave for me. You can't please everyone all the time.

Thanks, Luke, it was a temporary aberration. I was starting to think they must have been bad shots. Over it now. I guess they just werent seen, so many bere is a lesson in that one should not bother posting in camera specific forums if you want your stuff seen by a wider group. and I do :).

Some London night shots from me. Mix of GRD3/GF2 and EOS50d

Light trails, local freeway (GRD3 shot, 30s exposure)

6352880900_33b9ff91bb.jpg

Light trails by petach123, on Flickr

Moonlit Thames and Millennium Bridge

5811000088_b79c6ab4e6.jpg

Moonlight & Millennium by petach123, on Flickr

Back end of Millennium Bridge

5810435125_486dc8de30.jpg

An Abrupt End by petach123, on Flickr

Night on the Thames

6220544244_8115a3cd85.jpg

The wonder of the Thames by petach123, on Flickr

st Pauls from south bank

View attachment 49504
St Paul's From the South by petach123, on Flickr

Tower Bridge

6661256693_cfbeae068e.jpg

Tower Bridge by petach123, on Flickr

here's a super noisy shot with an old superzoom. a 5 second exposure with a few candles and some starlight. I like the crazy colors and the moving clouds....
View attachment 49506
night shot by candlelight by Lukinosity, on Flickr

and another super noisy shot from the same candlelit evening, but sometimes noise doesn't matter. This is my wife and our little dog Charlie (who was pretty new at the time). This one still makes my heart swell......
View attachment 49507
Lauren and Charlie by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Yeah.........like both of these unusual shots. Great vibe.

I already posted some a couple of days ago in the small DSLR forum and they have been roundly ignored (and yes, I am a bit peeved). May as well repost here.

6888019145_eb19b4cc15_b.jpg

Under the Bridge by kyte50, on Flickr

6888018323_9886c609da_b.jpg

Wickham Marina by kyte50, on Flickr

Nice, almost abstract. For me.....I think you could actually crop out all of the pic apart from the reflections. Make people think twice on what they are seeing.

Back