Nightly X-Mas market in Nuremberg, shot with Fujifilm F200EXR in SN mode

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by flysurfer, Aug 31, 2011.

1. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    Snapshots of the nightly X-Mas market in Nuremberg, shot with my tiny Fujifilm F200EXR, pretty much all of it in SN mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    flysurfer, help me out - what is SN mode?

What an interesting and photogenic event/festival this was! Your first makes me feel as though I'm inside a snow globe looking out up at the rest of the group - wonderful angle and having that fellow's hooded face in the back is super...very weird and other worldly. Perhaps he is a giant gnome? Your third of the woman seated with all those life like baby dolls does give me the creeps...again a very eerie feeling. I don't know if you're familiar with an old TV show called The Twilight Zone, but that's what this image makes me think of...that or a still photo from some kind of horror movie. I mean this in a very positive way. My other favorite is the black and white...all those faces peering out from above, and you caught the one little girl as she looks back at her friends...while we see the dark hatted ticket taker in front...again, it gives me an uneasy feeling as thought they're about to enter some sort of scary place, rather than a fun ride.

For all the festive atmosphere is belayed by a general sort of scariness for me. I don't know if this is what you felt, flysurfer, but if it is you surely achieved what you were after. I have always found amusement parks or street festivals to be a world of juxtapositions. Great series!

3. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    It was just a stroll that took maybe 2 hours or less, but the lady with the dolls gave me a "Chucky" moment, and since that was one of the first pics I shot, that might have involuntarily set the mood.

SN reduces noise by combining adjacent pixels, basically taking 2 pics with half the sensor bank each, then creating an overlay and subtracting the difference, which is supposed to be the noise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    Here's more cones for you: ;)

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know, tilt-shift is sooo 2010...

• Like Like x 1
  6. The best of the group, nice work.

The doll lady is kind of a creepy shot.

7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Wonderful shots. I envy you the F200EXR, its the one I wish I had bought (but had been discontinued) and was the last of the 1/1.6 sensors before Fuji moved to the 1/2 instead. That sized sensor was also in the much feted F30 and F20. Great stuff.!

8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Very impressive! You've gotten my G.A.S. going again in a big way, flysurfer! Thanks for that link as well... I'm glad that I was on target with that "Chucky moment'.:biggrin:

9. flysurfer

flysurfer SC Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    Indeed, and the prices for used F200s have actually gone up on Amazon this year, I wonder why? ;)

However, there's hope, I guess the X10 will be a worthy successor for this camera.

10. Spode

Spode SC Regular

Jul 26, 2011
    Singapore
    Sue, you can still pick up the odd F200 EXR like I did about 5 weeks ago from EBAy or Amazon. They go for between $160 - $180.