Nikon Nikon 1 Rumours

It makes sense for the v3 to have an optional evf.
It allows Nikon to drop the J series If It needs to.
This CAM whatever they release It as v3 or? Might well replace both the J and V series in the future.
Keep the S1 as the low price point

Sent from my HTC One V using SeriousCompacts mobile app

The lack of a viewfinder makes the V3 a "no go" for me, as well. What a shame, as it seems to have almost everything else I would need.

I've dipped my toes into the Mu-43 world, after getting a sense Nikon wasn't going to develop the 1 series in a way that would suit me. It's now looking, more and more, like I made the right decision.

I love my V1, and am able to work around most of its quirks. However, it's doubtful I'll be spending anymore money on it.

The sigma 50-500 is about a grand and the sigma 300-800 f5.6 is a mighty 4.5k .
The new nikon seems pretty good value when compared to those two. But I won't be buying one myself as I wouldn't use it.

The sigma 50-500 is about a grand and the sigma 300-800 f5.6 is a mighty 4.5k .
The new nikon seems pretty good value when compared to those two. But I won't be buying one myself as I wouldn't use it.

You can get a D5200 plus the Nikon 70mm 300mm f4.5/5.6 VR for the price of that lens. Once you crop the 24meg sensor down on the DSLR the IQ will be as good as the Nikon 1 plus the new lens.
If you need to use a camera for sports of nature the DSLR is easier to use than the Nikon 1

You can get a D5200 plus the Nikon 70mm 300mm f4.5/5.6 VR for the price of that lens. Once you crop the 24meg sensor down on the DSLR the IQ will be as good as the Nikon 1 plus the new lens.
If you need to use a camera for sports of nature the DSLR is easier to use than the Nikon 1

If you move up to the D7200 you can crop to the same size as the 1" sensor by the push of a button{or a few buttons maybe}.

I however do not think $1000 for the new 70-300mm is such a horrible price - high yes but not way out of line. In my mind it should have been $800 or so. I figure that Nikon will learn the hard way like Olympus and Panasonic that long zooms can't be overpriced{both Oly. and Pan. have long zooms that started much higher than they sell for now}. But I can tell you that I know a birder or two who will go nuts over this lens!

Back