Nikon Nikon 1 Rumours

Looking at the horribly overpriced V3, the 70-300 looks like a bargain, even though it costs more than double compared to FX 70-300 lenses.

The thing is, every Nikon 1 release has been horribly overpriced for what it delivers (IMO). Out here, the V1 twin kit was selling for nearly $1300. And that was cheap compared to some. So getting it for $650 was a good deal for me. Likewise the J1 with 10-30 and 10mm was selling for over $800 so getting it for $320 was a good deal. If/when the new stuff drops to half RRP... I'll consider... but not before.

But right now they are the only answer to the question, "What high quality kit can I hike/ski/bike/kayak/jet ski/snowmobile all day with, capture clean, in focus action shots, and is smaller than a DSLR?"

As long as they are the only game in town, they can add a price premium. The fundamental question is...are there enough people asking that question?

If the image quality is a big step forward (not that it was bad with the V1), I'd strongly consider the V3 kit and the 70-300 zoom.

Back