Nikon Showcase Nikon 1 Samples

I have only viewed these on the back of camera and the screen of my phone. I hope they looks ok on a bigger screen.
ooc jpegs with no post processing , uploaded from eye fi card .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372543164.255867.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372543192.889431.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372543222.487356.jpg

I agree, you will enjoy it . I've not felt any gas since I bought my V1 back in December. (I can't cope without EVF)
I might consider a J1 as a second body though. My next purchase will be the 10mm and I know it's silly money but I quite fancy the new 32 mm !!!!! ££££££

Now that prices have dropped, I'm thinking I might pick up another one of these. I had one 2 years ago with the adaptor and an 85 f1.4 that was just phenomenal. Focus it lightning fast and if one is not concerned about low light shooting, it's amazing.

The more I see from Nikon 1, the more I'm forced to eat that humble pie for initially dismissing it because of the smallish sensor. Sue got me researching a bit and so I stumbled on Craig Litten's documentary series shot entirely with V1 and 10mm f2.8 lens:

Craig Litten - Florida Documentary Photographer | Florida Editorial Photographer | Florida Photojournalist | Florida Reportage Photographer | Tampa Bay | Orlando | Miami - Microcosm

Enjoy!

Thanks for that link. The 10mm is a tiny little thing and at f/2.8 pretty decent for most uses. It focuses damned fast as well. In the store, before I purchased, I tried out the AF with the 10-30, I've never had a camera that focused that quickly, or had so many focus points (75 in all, I believe). Like you, I dismissed this for ages... but it was based on the sensor size... how silly! I think if the shop had had a J3 I would have bought that, but they didnt, and this little kit I bought was going so cheap, it was irresistible and I am really glad I didnt.

Get one. You won't regret it. At the worst, you'll have a lot of fun with it.

When the V1 came out i actually told my keen mate, not to buy one. i only bought one when the price came down. Now 6 months on I have A couple more lenses and another V1 body + 10mm on the way from ebay.
I have changed lenses with this kit more than any other camera system i've had. And fingers crossed i've not yet had any muck on the sensor. I'm sure it will happen, but six months ! I must be blessed .
Its a great system. I love the 18.5 but reckon i may love the 10mm more. Cant wait.

Clifton cameras in the UK are doing V1 + 10mm for £250 ! Only in white though. If you can live with the colour its a bloody bargain

When the V1 came out i actually told my keen mate, not to buy one. i only bought one when the price came down. Now 6 months on I have A couple more lenses and another V1 body + 10mm on the way from ebay.
I have changed lenses with this kit more than any other camera system i've had. And fingers crossed i've not yet had any muck on the sensor. I'm sure it will happen, but six months ! I must be blessed .
Its a great system. I love the 18.5 but reckon i may love the 10mm more. Cant wait.

Clifton cameras in the UK are doing V1 + 10mm for £250 ! Only in white though. If you can live with the colour its a bloody bargain

After just one day am so impressed with teh IQ, I'm already putting lenses in my wishlist at B&H, (Aussie dealers seem to be selling the kits but not much in the way of additional lenses)... and down the track, could see myself with a V2 (or V3, depending on how much time I take to decide) using the J1 as a backup.

I landed my twin (10, and 10-30) kit for $375AU... VERY cheap, good timing at a store that isnt going to be selling them any more because they just dont move.

As a matter of interest... What would be a good bag to carry a small kit like this? I am currently using my Lowepro Passport sling, (and carrying other cameras as well) but I'm thinking I might like to have a little bag specific to this kit... any recommendations?

I stow mine in a second hand well worn grubby 16 year old Billingham Hadley.
No Velcro ! I suspect I paid over the odds for it but I like it more than any other bag I've owned.

As a matter of interest... What would be a good bag to carry a small kit like this? I am currently using my Lowepro Passport sling, (and carrying other cameras as well) but I'm thinking I might like to have a little bag specific to this kit... any recommendations?

I have a Lowepro Rezo 110 with the V1 and 10-30, it will fit your setup nicely because the 10/2.8 is shorter in height/length than the zoom. Room for batteries in the side pockets, cables, cleaning cloth , extra cards etc., in the front and lid pockets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Back