Nikon Showcase Nikon Coolpix A Image Thread

FYI, there is a firmware update available for the Coolpix A (Firmware version C 1.11) - at least on my regionalized website, haven't searched on the English/Intl. homepages. Also, I haven't tried it out, so no endorsement, just mentioning :)

Hi,

I am new here.

Last week I bought this nice little camera for exactly half the price I paid for my x100s one year ago.
I love it!!

View attachment 9713 _DSC0040.jpgView attachment 9715_DSC058x.jpg

Sorry for being overenthusiast; I am excited about the possibilities of this small tool.

Thanks for your settings Ray, they work for me!
Glad they're useful for someone other than me...

Nice shot. And I really like the second and fourth from your previous post - a lotta life comes through in those...

-Ray

Seems that I am the only one taking pictures with Coolpix A ;)

I'm at the beach for a month, so not a lot of use for a pocket camera. But I'm hoping to make it to Atlantic City at some point during this stay for some street/boardwalk shooting and I'll use the A for that... Hopefully I'll have something to contribute within the next couple of weeks...

-Ray

Birds in flight with the Nikon A?

Strong South to North wind on the beach today. These guys would go screaming up the beach and then turn around and fight their way back against the wind, staying low and slow of necessity. Never thought I'd get this close to flying birds with a 28mm lens! They'd sometimes be down to a near hover just a couple of feet out of my reach...

14404262839_64eb045499_h.jpg
gulls on the beach-13-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

14590845125_c6fcf99bed_h.jpg
gulls on the beach-15-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

And one from this morning's sunrise. I love the sunrise and I'm a morning person. I'd love to take the big(ger) rig down and really shoot it, but when I'm up early enough, so is my dog and I take her for her morning work so my wife can sleep. Can't really focus on shooting with her along, so I just stuck the little "A" in my pocket this morning. I'm digging full frame a lot, but the little guy holds it's own in all but the lowest light and doesn't do badly there either...

14595441895_c31b2b36ff_h.jpg
sun RISE for a change-12-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Still far from my pocket...btw welcome in Italy Ray and bring home nice shots that we miss here. Looking forward...

Inviato dal mio iPod touch utilizzando SeriousCompacts

Back