1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

No more notifications?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by IVN, Oct 1, 2013.

1. IVN

IVN SC Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Hi guys!

When I set-up my account on this forum, I immediately noticed a very cool feature. Every time I was thanked to or quoted I received a notification to the right of my user name. Now, this feature doesn't seem to be working and I really miss it. Was this feature deactivated for some reason or is there something wrong with my account? As far as I can remember, I didn't change any settings that could deactivate such a feature.
    I would really appreciate some help regarding this matter. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Regards,
    Ivan

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Hi Ivan,
    The site was hacked a few weeks back and we still haven't gotten everything going again. Some of the features may not be available, but Amin has been bust behind the scenes restoring as much back to working order as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  3. IVN

IVN SC Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Hi Luke, thank you for responding so fast. I'm looking forward to all forum features being back online. Give my thanks to Amin. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    I understand, but I miss notifications, too. One thing I figured out, if you've asked a question, you can use site search to see if it's been answered.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Sorry folks.... notifications are gone for good. That was being done with a plugin called vBSEO, which is a company that has now shut down and is no longer keeping their software updated with security patches and therefore it is potentially an open door for hackers. Perhaps a new plug-in that does the same thing will come along to fill that empty space in the market.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Bummer. :frown:

7. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Now how will I feel loved?:crying:

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Fret not thyself, Steve!

There may be light at the end of the software tunnel...something new could come along, in the meantime we'll all try to be more loving.:tongue:

9. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    [video=youtube;r8hjtFq3vE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hjtFq3vE0[/video]

• Like Like x 2
  10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Love those guys, Chris.:cloud-9-039:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kathern875

Kathern875 New to SC

Dec 7, 2013
    Thanks for sharing.

12. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    No, thank you for sharing, Kathern875! Because you so kindly revived this thread, I get to listen to this beautiful song again: