Sony No WiFi RAW transfer support for Smartphones?

BlueBill

Rookie
I can't figure out how to transfer RAW files from my NEX 6 via WiFi to the Smartphone app on an iPad. RAW WiFi transfers fine to my PC but doesn't seem to be supported for Smartphone transfers.

Are there any 3rd party transfer apps that support RAW?

I've not seen any, but will be keeping my ear to the ground (there may be one, that does it but to my knowledge it's tethered). Part of the reason why it may be unsupported is that it's taking into consideration the potential limitations of the device - while mobile devices have the processng power to display and use RAW files via other apps, the device's are generally limited in terms of storage space (anyone even seen a memory card slot built in to an i-device?? Android devices atleast have this option, though are limited in other ways - e.g. I use an iZettle card reader for taking payments, and it will not print receipts on anything other than a select range of receipt printers (all in the region of £200+) where as via Airprint i-devices can print to any compatible printer - though with no help I've found a work-around that works, at least with Canon printers (it'll probably work with any other printer that you can set-up an email address for though).

Anyway, I've digressed enough, try Heilicon Remote (not sure I've spelt it right), though it may only be available on the google play store.

Back