1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nokia N8

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mal, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK
    Thought I'd give this Camera phone with its 1/1.83 sensor a little outing at the weekend... So I visited the New Museum of Liverpool Life (my home city)
    View attachment 43526
    A large mural on the wall...
    View attachment 43527
    the upper floors
    View attachment 43528
    The waterfront through a glass window
    View attachment 43529
    The Albert Dock
    View attachment 43530
    Lunch....lol
    And here is a small 25kb image I took on a birding trip yesterday, which I emailed to my daughter from a dawn walk out to the Dee Estuary (Hilbre Island)
    View attachment 43531
    Quite impressed with the quality, but some are a bit soft in their focus, never replace my compacts, but as a constant carry around its not that bad...:smile:

All images un-edited

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Mal, these are very nice indeed and your lunch is making me very hungry for my dinner!

That's a fantastic view from above in your first. They are all very very good. Cell phone cameras have come a long way indeed!

• Like Like x 1
  3. snake

snake SC Regular

Oct 4, 2011
    I got to use mine last weekend for the first time in Munich, where morning sky conditions are difficult, at best, with fog and bright sun. I only took a few just to try it out, but most went to my EX1 and I still have to add them to them blog when I'm done with the formatting. Frankfurt and Berlin this weekend. It's not a sub for the EX1, but it does well. I have Camerapro now, so we'll see how it all works out.
    All PP by LR3 and Color Efex or Silver Efex.

The first three are with the N8, the last two with the EX1.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    All look really good, snake. I do think that the EX1's have more depth and all, but wouldn't we expect that?

Impressive camera. Isn't this the cell phone camera that Lili always uses, too?

5. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Yes it is, BB. Snake and Mal; good work the both of you

• Like Like x 1