1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Northeast Blizzard Photos From CNN

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Biro, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Hikari

Hikari SC Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    Maine, USA
    New York just got a dusting. We had 20+" inches and it has not finished. The folks in south eastern NE got hit the hardest.

3. Hikari

Hikari SC Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    Maine, USA
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    A dusting? Well a foot is a bit more than that:wink: but truly nothing like what you all have been hit with!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hikari

Hikari SC Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    Maine, USA
    Well, we were lucky we did not lose pow

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    We got more than 2 feet but lucky enough to still have power/heat/phone/TV/internet

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Good for you, Amin. I'm sure your boys had great fun today.:biggrin:

8. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    At one point 99% of Quincy MA was without power according to information at Boston.com

It's blowing grit and dust outside, and has been all day, but I can't tell you how happy I am to be in the southwest! (After 40 years in Boston!)

9. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Made me appreciate how lucky we really are - I too just heard that Quincy and Braintree are badly hit with power outage. (FYI - it's Quincy, then Braintree, then Weymouth going south.)

I invited some friends over when I heard they still had no power. Least I can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Srs Cmpcts

10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Anyone heard whats happening on Cape Cod? I have a friend in Sth Wellfleet who is elderly and living alone... getting a little worried.

11. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    From what I've heard, Cape Cod hasn't been hit hard by the blizzard - unless (s)he lives near the sea, where some flooding has been reprted. I wish your friend well.

Sent from my iPhone using Srs Cmpcts

12. Hikari

Hikari SC Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    Maine, USA
    I think the Cape got hit the hardest with wind. But I think we were lucky there have been so few deaths, although a few preventable tragedies. If you stayed home and took things in stride, you were most limey OK. Boston and points south did not have the cold Maine has and so even if you lost heat because of a power loss, you should have a long time before the house freezes and if power still does not return, the roads will be cleared by then and you can go somewhere that has heat. We burn wood and so losing heat in a storm is fortunately one problem we don't have to worry about. And we can cook on our stove as well. But I did live in a house in Maine where the only thing that worked when the power went down was the windows and doors and we did lose power for three days in the winter.

13. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Good old WMTW. I don't know if they still do them, but I remember when they were licensed to Poland Spring (I think it's Portland-Auburn now) and used to do weather forecasts with a NWS meteorologist in the weather office on the top of Mount Washington. I visited that office a few times... once after backpacking up Mount Washington.