NoSecond's 365 Tough Challenge

Saturday 20th May 2017

IMG_1892.JPG

Thursday 25th May 2017

SOOC JPEG taken with live composite mode, camera was sitting on a rock wall next to me while I ate dinner. I didn't take into account how much movement the boat would have at anchor and was planning on it being still but I quite like the effect the motion blur has had...

IMG_2119.JPG

Friday 26th May 2017

RIP TG-870. :shakehead:

P5261424.JPG

I went snorkelling this arvo with a mate and his wife, including a swim through in a cave and lots of photos of fish etc... We were in the water for about 45min, then got out and dried off before having a few beers and heading back to the boat ramp to pack up for the day. On the way back we saw a pod of dolphins and I tried to get a photo but the camera wouldn't turn on. I put it away until I got home, washed it in fresh water and pulled the battery and memory card but couldn't see any signs of water ingress so I put the battery back in to check the charge but still couldn't get any signs of life...

This morning I was playing around with it and noticed water droplets inside the lens module, so it looks like it has a gut full of water... it's only 5-6 months old so I'll take it back to the shop and hit them up for a replacement...

A few more shots from it's final hours...

P5261377.JPG

P5261426.JPG

P5261435.JPG

P5261443.JPG

P5261453.JPG

P5261398.JPG

P5261505.JPG

P5261475.JPG

P5261514.JPG

Last edited:
Friday 26th May 2017

RIP TG-870. :shakehead:

This morning I was playing around with it and noticed water droplets inside the lens module, so it looks like it has a gut full of water... it's only 5-6 months old so I'll take it back to the shop and hit them up for a replacement...

That is not good. One would expect to handle a bit of snorkeling. Do let us know how you go with getting a replacement.

That is not good. One would expect to handle a bit of snorkeling. Do let us know how you go with getting a replacement.

Yeah, it's held up pretty well until now but it has had a fair few falls, including one on the corner where the lens is and that seems to be where the water entered...

That said, it's also supposed to be drop-proof to 2.5 meters...

Saturday 27th May 2017

I've decided to sub-in my OMD EM1 until I can get a replacement TG-870 (or maybe a refund and upgrade to the Sealife DC2000). I took it with me on a few hikes equipped with the 12-50EZ and the 40-150pro and got some good captures of the robber crabs feeding on coconuts. The power these things have in their claws is impressive, so much so that I'd be very careful of falling asleep on the beach near the tree line...

IMG_2201.JPG

That's a bummer, mate! Could there have been sand grains on the rubber seals of the access door?

If you do end up going for a DC2000, that would be something to follow closely... but then your work with the TG-870 has been so versatile, that it has been a very fun ride to watch so far.

That's a bummer, mate! Could there have been sand grains on the rubber seals of the access door?

If you do end up going for a DC2000, that would be something to follow closely... but then your work with the TG-870 has been so versatile, that it has been a very fun ride to watch so far.

That was the first thing I checked but there were no signs of water ingress in the battery compartment and the seals were fine...

The DC2000 would be an awesome upgrade but I've been having a great time with the little Olympus...

Back