NoSecond's 365 Tough Challenge

This is SUCH a GREAT series! it's taken me awhile to work my way through the remarkable photos but, and I know I am repeating myself, they are truly GREAT.
As a side note, I'm sorry to hear of the demise of your TG-870 --- sounds like quite a wonderful tough little camera

Thank you Miguel! :drinks:

The positive feedback from you and others is very humbling and spurs me on when I've started to feel burnt out from work or life pressures...

I've been missing the TG terribly since it died, especially after five months of it being in my pocket just about every waking hour. Hopefully it will be repaired and back on full duties soon because it feels like I'm cheating using anything else... :blush:

Tuesday 25th July 2017

IMG_5483.JPG

Based entirely on your series up to the demise of your TG, I went looking for one. Found a shop soiled one at JB, and unlike every other store, they refused to drop the price from retail by more than about $50 (but every other store in town didnt have it). It was scratched, including on the LCD, and looked like it had been someone's everyday carry without any kind of protection. I declined to purchase. I wish Olympus would update it, or release more.

Based entirely on your series up to the demise of your TG, I went looking for one. Found a shop soiled one at JB, and unlike every other store, they refused to drop the price from retail by more than about $50 (but every other store in town didnt have it). It was scratched, including on the LCD, and looked like it had been someone's everyday carry without any kind of protection. I declined to purchase. I wish Olympus would update it, or release more.
Just out of curiosity, I was looking at these last night. $359 USD was the least expensive I found. I think Troy's posts have helped increase demand! ;)

It's weird, after wandering the camera shops of Perth and Melbourne and finding none on the shelf, I was expecting to get a dodgey refurbished one or maybe a TG Tracker instead of an 870... Olympus must reserve a certain amount to make good on warranty claims...?

Funnily enough, Ted's are still listing the two preceding models on their site, the 850 and 860... there doesn't seem to be that much difference between them and the 870 either... :hmmm:

Saturday 29th July 2017

Took the kids out to the river tonight for a bonfire, this was my perspective while I was laying in the cool sand next to the fire... I fired off a few frames with around 20 seconds exposure to see how noisey they'd be and then switched to Live Composite mode when I noticed a fast moving cloud bank headed for the moon...

IMG_5598.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

When I'd finished messing with the camera I noticed that the my eldest had taught the other two how to light a fire with a knife and firesteel and they were all proudly sitting in front of their own little campfires, dotted around the main one... :whistle: :D

Monday 31st July 2017

Not enough elevation to make this minature work, shooting into the late arvo sun sun didn't help either...

I just have to engineer a situation where I'm on top of the hill above this position in the early morning and a train is passing through... :D

There's some interesting compression going on in the far background though, not sure if it's the filter of the image processor...

IMG_5628.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You'd think so. But with a lower resolution screen, I actually wouldnt, myself.

I just went and double checked all of their specs and I'll be buggered... 960k vs 460k

I just assumed the 870 would be the same or slightly inferior to the "flagship" model, let alone the next generation of the flagship... :rolleyes-74:

Back