NoSecond's 365 Tough Challenge

Friday 4th August 2017

Had a float parade tonight to kick off an annual local festival, couldn't resist snapping this badass biker... :D

IMG_5874.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cool shot. Is this taken with an in-camera/filter effect?

No I used Snapseed for that one although it is very similar to the Olympus diorama filter. I haven't been very impressed with the files I'm getting out of the new TG-870 and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I got a refurb or a dud... there seems to be a lot of pink cast and pixel noise even at low ISO in good light... it's almost as if the digital zoom is stuck on or the JPEG compression is set to "shitty"?!

I'm not sure if it's because I've been spoiled by the GR II but the quality just doesn't feel the same as the previous one...

Then there's this weird noise like an 8-bit melody when I operate the optical zoom...

Wednesday 09 August 2017

Big morning storm rolling in, last time I saw one like this I got stuck on the wrong side of a couple of rivers in a flash flood... Luckily today we only got a few mm, just enough to keep the dust down on the roads and make the bush smell great!

IMG_6181.JPG

Wednesday 09 August 2017

Big morning storm rolling in, last time I saw one like this I got stuck on the wrong side of a couple of rivers in a flash flood... Luckily today we only got a few mm, just enough to keep the dust down on the roads and make the bush smell great!

View attachment 127688
Beautiful. I can smell it from here. Send some over here, willya? Dry as a ...

Wednesday 09 August 2017

View attachment 127688

Wonderful image. Pardon my curiosity but - is this your new TG-870?

Thanks mate, yes I've been using it exclusively since it arrived...

Have you noticed the quality fall off too...?

No. I honestly and truly did not really see - or notice - any significant fall-off or drop-off in the quality from either this or any or your recent TG-870 photos. It seems to consistently deliver very cool and - to my way of seeing things at least - quite high quality images. And, yes, I realize on some of them you are probably using some of the built-in camera filters or 'looks' but they are all uniformly very strong, quality-wise and especially color-wise.

It's a great little camera.

No. I honestly and truly did not really see - or notice - any significant fall-off or drop-off in the quality from either this or any or your recent TG-870 photos. It seems to consistently deliver very cool and - to my way of seeing things at least - quite high quality images. And, yes, I realize on some of them you are probably using some of the built-in camera filters or 'looks' but they are all uniformly very strong, quality-wise and especially color-wise.

It's a great little camera.

Maybe I'm just being overly critical in combination with unfairly comparing the files to the GRII and Mu4/3 files... :rolleyes-74:

I really liked yesterday's shot in spite of the inherent noise/grain because it captured the mood and colours exactly as my eye rendered it to my brain...

Then i went and messed it up in Snapseed... :D

Last edited:
Thursday 10th August 2017

We had a weird wildflower season this year with late rains and an early bloom, most of the flowers are now dead and gone but the Mulla Mulla are still going strong...

This was taken in super macro mode and gently caressed for contrast in Snapseed...

IMG_6285.JPG

Friday 11th August 2017

Testing out a new 10 person, three room tent in the backyard before it's maiden voyage turned into a spontaneous backyard camping trip complete with all the necessities (according to the minions)...

(SOOC JPEG taken in Night Portrait scene mode)

IMG_6210.JPG

Back