1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Not getting out much: RAIN!

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by kyteflyer, Nov 16, 2011.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    So I went, anyway.

The trip into town was ... unremarkable... except that at 4.30 in the afternoon, it was too dark, when sundown was not for 3 hours. (GRD3)

Untitled by kyte50, on Flickr

I headed down to the beach, and apart from a few crazy people standing about in the ocean, there was nothing much to see. Flat surf, rain, tedious. (K-5)

crazy by kyte50, on Flickr

Back at the harbour, there wasnt much to see without windscreen wipers working (K-5)

rain by kyte50, on Flickr

And when they did... more crazy people in the rain. (K-5)

paddle! by kyte50, on Flickr

I eventually decided to get a better vantage point to see what was happening with the yachts I had spied (note the tall dark shadow in the rain shot... its a yacht... believe it or not) and I was forced to get out of the car and get drenched for the following shots. I'm glad I did, but must remember to take a cloth, next time, to wipe the lenses down. WR or not, I still am not that fond of risking water getting sucked in through the zoom. (K-5)

yachts by kyte50, on Flickr

raceyachts by kyte50, on Flickr

yacht1 by kyte50, on Flickr

Then, on to the supermarket. No shots... but later... I was very very naughty... (GRD3)

Untitled by kyte50, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2