Not just another cat snap...

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by Lightmancer, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    What makes this slightly more than mildly interesting is that I shot it with my X-T1 and an Olympus OM-mount 400mm Tokina tele lens, handheld at about 16 feet. I don't know about you but I'm impressed, given that this is an effective focal length of 600mm...
    33789389.f809334f.1024.
    Over my shoulder par Lightmancer, on ipernity

• Like Like x 5
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Impressed by the IQ or that a man at your advanced age could handhold a shot with such a long lens :eek:

Of course, I'm just giving you a hard time, Bill. Lovely kitty shot.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Cheek! ;) this lens is my answer to the current lack of reach in the Fuji system - I have it for sports (mostly cricket) and wildlife (wilder than this hairy poseur) but I am impressed by how usable it is. I could have gone for a catadiopteric (mirror) lens but strangely find them harder to hand-hold at the same focal length as an equivalent telephoto lens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Sweet kitty. Ive been using the Zuiko 300mm f4 from the OM system for a while now on my E-M5 for birds, and am very pleased with the results. When I have $600, it won't be going for a slow telephoto zoom.

I used a number of Tokina zooms on my OM-1 back in the day and always liked them. The 80-200 (forget the aperture) was a lovely lens.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    I've really got to get an MD mount adaptor for the XT and start playing around with my old rokkor glass.

• Like Like x 1