not with a bang ...

Partial use I'll have you know.
Hmm well it turns out Scottish Power are responsible. There's a big hole in the high street with two blokes in it.
Is this revenge? Or the start of direct action in support of Scottish independence.?

Well I'm now 4 hours into another power cut.
Since electricity distribution was privatised it seems impossible to find out anything useful .
I've just checked both websites for the most likely candidates for round here and I can find their share prices, their corporate structures, their community policies and endless similar 'information' .
What is sadly lacking is any data about service disruption or even how to contact them in an emergency.
Ah! The joy of unfettering The Market ...

My dear chap, privatisation was just the excuse for fatcats to make more money out of us, nothing to do with a public service, hence my reason for taking early retirement from the electricity supply industry as soon as I could after the late lamented Central Electricity Generating Board meet its demise.

My dear Christina when I lived in godalming it happened all the time!

Haha, Godalming was the first place in the UK to have a public electricity supply, in 1881 to be precise, perhaps you were still being supplied from that system. :)

Barrie

I had a terraced house built out of Bargate stone ... very high in iron oxide ... it was like living in a Faraday Cage, the only time you could get an FM signal indoors was if there was some sort of sporadic e ...

Back