1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

November Nocturne - Night 21

Discussion in 'Image Quest' started by KillRamsey, Nov 21, 2013.

1. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    My turn again. I sit here a my desk wishing it were still night time, that I might get another 4 hours of sleep. Played another show at a bar last night, didn't go on til 10:45, didn't get to bed til 1AM. I'm not 24 anymore, that's for damned sure. Also I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow so goodbye, November Nocturne threads.

One from the vault. Tea Time.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    When friends of mine are playing shows and ask if I'm coming, I ask when they are going on. When they say around 10:30, I tell them that's too bad.....I go to bed at 10:00. I think as band members age, they need to plan earlier shows. The bars are empty from 7-10.....why not book "older" bands during that slow period, and the kids in their 20s play from 10-2?

• Like Like x 3
  3. muzee

muzee SC Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Another one from the archives:
    Ottawa - folks taking up their spots to view the fireworks later that night.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    • Like Like x 6
  5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    What a great idea. I never get to see live music anymore because a) its usually stuff I don't like, and b) they don't start til too damned late. I have some friends who have more or less bailed on public shows now, just because of the late start. They only do weddings and other private functions, at reasonable hours. Its a bummer because they were my favourites forever.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    since many are slipping in some old ones, here's one that is at least germaine to the conversation. A friend's band playing an early gig (but still after dark). In the dimly lit venue, here's a 2 second exposure.....handheld, so it's not very sharp, but it got the job done.

the band plays on by Lukinosity, on Flickr

• Like Like x 5
  7. TheRubySusan

TheRubySusan SC Top Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    Henry, IL
    Ruby
    Once, upon an afternoon dreary, as I pondered, grouchy and weary, what to do after reclaiming the D40 from a cleaning session at the Peoria Camera Shop, it occurred to me that I could do some day for night photos. It was so much more fun than photographing shopfronts in Henry (suburb of a city of 215,700 vs town of 2,500) that the early sunset darn near caught me still within the wicked city (with its fearful traffic!) But I wised up just in time to get back on the interstate by dark, although I couldn't resist darkening this up by about a half an hour in Topaz Restyle.
    I just wish I'd looked through that window in situ. That more or less life size pony looks pretty interesting! I may have to stop in and see if the "50's Diner" can make a real chocholate soda, or if they think you make them with Sprite (shudder!)
    10988891005_a67c4b2de9_b.
    50's Diner by rubyj29, on Flickr

• Like Like x 4
  8. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    Taken by street lamp light.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  9. staticantics

staticantics SC Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Central California
    Chris
    • Like Like x 5
  10. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Pinball machine

Taken at a local pizzeria/sports bar, where multiple hanging big-screen TV's (for viewing multiple games, simultaneously), blinking videogames and beeping pinball machines....all create an almost Kafkaesque feel.

11024374376_cd2129ef4d_b.
    Pinball Machine (Danger Bridge Out) by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  11. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores