November Nocturne - Night 21

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
My turn again. I sit here a my desk wishing it were still night time, that I might get another 4 hours of sleep. Played another show at a bar last night, didn't go on til 10:45, didn't get to bed til 1AM. I'm not 24 anymore, that's for damned sure. Also I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow so goodbye, November Nocturne threads.

One from the vault. Tea Time.
oqp2.jpg

Played another show at a bar last night, didn't go on til 10:45, didn't get to bed til 1AM.

When friends of mine are playing shows and ask if I'm coming, I ask when they are going on. When they say around 10:30, I tell them that's too bad.....I go to bed at 10:00. I think as band members age, they need to plan earlier shows. The bars are empty from 7-10.....why not book "older" bands during that slow period, and the kids in their 20s play from 10-2?

When friends of mine are playing shows and ask if I'm coming, I ask when they are going on. When they say around 10:30, I tell them that's too bad.....I go to bed at 10:00. I think as band members age, they need to plan earlier shows. The bars are empty from 7-10.....why not book "older" bands during that slow period, and the kids in their 20s play from 10-2?

What a great idea. I never get to see live music anymore because a) its usually stuff I don't like, and b) they don't start til too damned late. I have some friends who have more or less bailed on public shows now, just because of the late start. They only do weddings and other private functions, at reasonable hours. Its a bummer because they were my favourites forever.

Once, upon an afternoon dreary, as I pondered, grouchy and weary, what to do after reclaiming the D40 from a cleaning session at the Peoria Camera Shop, it occurred to me that I could do some day for night photos. It was so much more fun than photographing shopfronts in Henry (suburb of a city of 215,700 vs town of 2,500) that the early sunset darn near caught me still within the wicked city (with its fearful traffic!) But I wised up just in time to get back on the interstate by dark, although I couldn't resist darkening this up by about a half an hour in Topaz Restyle.
I just wish I'd looked through that window in situ. That more or less life size pony looks pretty interesting! I may have to stop in and see if the "50's Diner" can make a real chocholate soda, or if they think you make them with Sprite (shudder!)
10988891005_a67c4b2de9_b.jpg

50's Diner by rubyj29, on Flickr

Back