November Nocturne - Night 4

"This is very much a learning process for me. I've attempted almost no night photography before. I swear the sky was pitch black to my eye when I took this photo of the intersection I live on."

Sure. I've also learned that the camera can pick up blues in the sky long after I think it's dark. I guess I saw them before, but I never thought of them as a problem. The sensor can also pick up frequencies of light we can't see. Even at night, everything is glowing in the IR region. Hey, IR photography would qualify. If only I had a camera or that filter thingy . . .

I have to repost some oldies for a while until I can get out after dark and shoot... although that's gotten much easier after the time change. Sun is friggin' DOWN at 4:45pm.

Harvard Square at night on film:

b46s.jpg

Light on the porch

Late last night - or early this morning - bitterly cold outside with a freezing rain - but I had forgotten to bring firewood in so I had to go out on the front porch of the old farmhouse where I live. And standing there in the wee hours I realized almost everything else was dark....but the porch light was like a shining beacon in a world of deep rainy shadows.

So I went back in and got my Olympus PL5, with the wide angle pancake lens on it. And walked out into the rain to turn around and look back at the house....and the porch light shining.

10697624456_e1e30c0ea1_b.jpg

Light on the porch by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

"This is very much a learning process for me. I've attempted almost no night photography before. I swear the sky was pitch black to my eye when I took this photo of the intersection I live on."

Sure. I've also learned that the camera can pick up blues in the sky long after I think it's dark. I guess I saw them before, but I never thought of them as a problem. The sensor can also pick up frequencies of light we can't see. Even at night, everything is glowing in the IR region. Hey, IR photography would qualify. If only I had a camera or that filter thingy . . .

Good points. The blue isn't a problem, just a surprise!

Sent from my MB865 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Back