1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Now that prices have dropped...

Discussion in 'Leica X1/X2 Forum' started by BruPri, Aug 29, 2012.

1. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    I've always regretted purchasing the Nikon V1 system and always wanted an X1 for the right price, swapped for a real clean one and they threw in a new Artist and Artisan case and Leica 36mm finder. It will now join my XP1 and RX100 and they can all take pictures of each other.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    super cute.... time to change your signature

3. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    Just did!:smile:

4. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    So that's it, nobody here owns a Nikon 1 anymore? Good job Nikon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    You know Julien, I took that system as far as it could go with the FT1 adaptor, great lenses, waited for firmware updates, primes. Now there's talk of the V2 and the whole affair started making me feel bitter and resentful towards Nikon. I kept holding out, waiting for my investment/value to materialize but felt as much loyalty as Nikon was showing me.
    I once purchased a GPS from Motorola, it was superb. Then the company decides to just drop support and move on as if they we're saying, "well, that didn't work, oh well...too bad-premium price paying suckers!"

6. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    Bruce, I hope my statement wasn't ambiguous: I completely understand why you've switched. It's like they've really done their best to avoid making their system interesting. Very expensive, not a single new lens since launch, the new J2 feels like the simple firmware update that should have come months ago, and the rumored 18mm 1.8 isn't likely to make the system much more compelling (especially now that the RX100 is available). I didn't buy one, but I was expecting better from Nikon. I really wonder where they are going with this.

Anyways, your new Leica is beautiful, one of the sexiest camera in the market IMHO.

7. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    How about a family portrait of your lovely compacts? :smile:

8. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    the question is...how do I do that without leaving one of the three out? Ahhh MIRRORS! (I'll take one with my iPhone in a bit)

9. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    Family portrait...shortly after this was taken, the Leica and the Sony started mob-flashing the Fuji which was sporting the brand new RRS bracket and grip.

Tres_1_.

10. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Drooooool!

11. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    You have a beautiful family. The Fuji and Leica clearly share some genes. I'm not so sure about the Sony; maybe it's just a cousin... :rolleyes:

Seriously though, some nice gear.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xuereb

Xuereb SC Veteran

Nov 5, 2010
    W. Australia
    cousin, yes but twice removed.

13. nippa

nippa SC Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    Same DNA !
    The Leica X1 has a Sony sensor.

14. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Okay, that's it, Bruce. I have officially violated a couple of Commandments. Especially the one about not coveting thy neighbor's black camera(s) . . .

15. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    Well Mr. Elliott, things have changed in the family. I've never had a decent DSLR so I traded in the Sony and the Fuji for the Canon...still have the Leica though!
    New_sibs-2.