Octoberfest Photofest Rules & Scavenger Hunt List

It appears from Luke's first thread in the new forum that successive threads will be opened for each day and a few days after each day, Luke will lock the threads. I'm not sure if you saw it so here: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f106/october-1st-2012-a-12830/ Since you will be posting your photos on the days they were shot, even if you post a couple days later, no date should be necessary. Film shooters are on a different schedule to allow them developing/scanning time.

Also, something I did, was to create a wordpress site for my October photos so that if I have more than one a day I want to put up I can. Or.. if I miss the cutoff date for a particular day for whatever reason, I can still make a post on that day on my own personal blog. Most people have some kind of site and they can do the same. I did this for the May challenge actually and it was helpful for me to see what I had accomplished without looking in a cluttered folder on my hard drive or sifting the gallery. And-- If anyone wants to share they can put the url either in their signature or underneath their photo post for the day.

Here is mine: http://oktoberfestfotofest.wordpress.com/ *I actually stuck a summary of what I was doing on the first page because after making a test post to see my formatting, I immediately ended up with likes and follows so I figured why not redirect them here should they want to join us or explore SC in general.

One of my favorite times of the year, colorful autumn, fall festivals, halloween.. photographing it is great and since I haven't done any shooting since Quebec in August, it should be a lot of fun.

The biggest challenge for me is the time - early mornings and late nights for shooting given my workday. Then again, what's the iPhone 4 for? And, lots of great photo opps early in the day. Looking forward to it.

Also for those who are interested, I thought I would mention that the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk takes place on October 13th, during our challenge. You can read up on the Photowalk here. Use the location finder for your area and find a walk or even lead a walk near you. It's a good opportunity to go somewhere you usually don't go to shoot and get out with other photographers although I will tell you that people generally end up running off in their own directions within the allotted time. After your shoot you generally have the option of reuniting with the group in some local coffee house or restaurant to simply chat or review what you accomplished that day. And.. registered participants can participate in the yearly contest. I brought it up because it might add a little variety to your shooting,

Looks handy, but not sure it will support my Oktoberfest stein:

stein.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"600">

O-M-G !

I'll buy your first beer if I can see a self-portrait with you wearing that ridonkulous contraption.....roflmao.

This may be worth the price of the buckle! Hmmm... what color to match my lederhosen...

Looks handy, but not sure it will support my Oktoberfest stein:

stein.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"600">

I am confident you can make that work, fin!

I'm pretty excited. In general while I view tons of photos a day and read about photography and gear, I don't have a LOT of time for actually creating photos....at least not every day. I try to find an hour every week where I can go for a walk and see what catches my eye. But I find that "looking" for a photograph actively every day yields more exciting and different photo opportunities. Basically less dog and nature photos (not that those are bad). I wish my life were a little different and I had more time for photography, but I can't cut out work, and I don't want to spend less time with my wife or my dogs, so it is what it is. I'll make the best with what I've got.

If not having enough free time for photography is my biggest gripe, I'm a very lucky man.

I'm also looking forward to increased activity and photos from all the talented lensmen (and women) who make up the diverse group. There about to be a LOT of really good photos flowing through here.

I usually take the camera along on dog walks, but it just makes me resent them. They have their own agenda and are not interested in sitting and behaving while I take my shots. And my wife is great and sometimes she'll walk the dogs, but it's kind of the same with her. I enjoy the walks with her more without my camera.

It's kinda like chocolate and pizza. I love 'em both, but they just don't go together. No biggie :)

It is already October on Kiritimati (Christmas Island) so I have opened the 1st photothread of the Octoberfest Photofest.

We want everyone to join in and have fun. Get out there and take photos every day and share one in the appropriate thread. Here's the forum area for everything related to the Octoberfest Photofest.... https://www.photographerslounge.org/f106/

There are really only 2 rules for the monthly challenge.

1. Take a photo every day and post it in the thread for that day
2. Please don't discuss gear. This month (at least in these photo threads) we will collectively ignore gear. It is about your vision and creating an image and sharing with each other.

For those who like to limit themselves or need an extra challenge, feel free to attempt to use as many (or all) of the prompts from Kristen's scavenger hunt list.

And don't beat yourself up if you slip and fall one day, just get back up and go at it again. This month should be fun. When you see another image you love, click the thanks button, give a shout out about how great it is. FALL in love with photography all over again.

I'm a newcomer on the forum. I came and joined because I liked the idea of this challenge so you can count me in. I am not sure I will be able to fulfil it because I don't have the slightest idea on how I can technically manage some items but my brains are working hard on it :)

Back