Official SiJ 2017 - Day 1.

For the first image I got up very early (for a new year's day standard) but light was far from ideal. First lesson, for me, of using a fish eye is that there are a lot more areas (exposure wise) to keep in mind. Returned to the same spot some hours latter and this is the result.

E-PL7 + 7,5mm FE:
View attachment 122101Porto Fish Eye 15mm (equiv) by José Saraiva, on Flickr
Love fisheyes images, nice start!

As part of New Year Resolutions as well as SiJ, I turned the camera - on myself. Santa was very nice to me despite my ups-and-downs this year, so a bit of fill with a tiny but useful EF-20 helped.

DSCF2880-Edit-WEB.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Trying to come to terms on how to comment on the threads. Will start by selecting 3 images a day and lets see how it goes.

I was up at 4.30am this morning for a walk along the beach, it was very hazy a beautiful start to the New Year.
EM5 mk2 + Olympus 25mm.

This is a captivating image, it should not be allow to start the challenge like this, the bar is now very high for all of us! :)

SIJ 2017 - Day 01 by Marlof Bregonje, on Flickr
EM1 - 25 1.2 - SOOC Jpeg

Great mood on this, makes me fell as if I'm there.

Even though time was somewhat limited today, just walking part of today's journey was very pleasant; I actually had difficulties deciding ... Maybe we could also create an "outtakes" thread?
Canon PowerShot S95, 48mm-e
M.

Lovely photo, the almost mono tones make it very appealing. It's a shame about the lamp.

Lovely photo, the almost mono tones make it very appealing. It's a shame about the lamp.
Thanks a lot; I consciously included the lamp, though, as a sort of counterpoint - and I actually think the slight blueish tint offsets the smooth warm colour cast in the tree in a pleasant enough way. I tend to include "comment" structures in images that would be more (or even too) "serene" otherwise - I guess it's good to be reminded of the fact that many people don't get this, so thanks again.

M.

Back