Ok...courage up...first shot with the RX1.

Discussion in 'Sony RX1 Forum' started by rpavich, Jul 19, 2013.

1. rpavich

rpavich SC Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    The fact that this is shot wide open and it's still this clean just makes it all worth while. No...it's not the most artsy shot in the world, but I was at work showing the camera off and he asked about it.

I didn't have to go through the sharpening hurdles that I normally go through for a lot of camera/lens shots...i actually toned down the sharpen in Lightroom.

9320726531_91b0987bbb_b.

2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Very nice! Is that you, perchance?:biggrin:

3. ivoire

ivoire SC All-Pro

Dec 3, 2011
    chicago burbs
    mike
    And you're off to a great start. Enjoy and post more.

4. rpavich

rpavich SC Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    It's not me, it's a co-worker.

I just made a little bounce card out of foam to go over the flash and bounce it backwards so it would trigger a slave flash. Here is the result. This is no extra monkeying around with sharpening...this is basic lightroom stuff...contrast, lens correction...

Wow.

DSC00133.

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Most think that what gives the pug it's great look is the absence of a snout (or flatness of it's face). But for me, I love their furrowed brows. It always makes me think they are contemplating something greater than us.

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    and for some reason, I want to do a photo mashup of that pug and your co-worker.

7. rpavich

rpavich SC Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Lol....that's funny.

Gracie always looks messed up. Much of the time she has a spastic look on her face, this just happened to be a calm period. :)

8. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Now that's cool! :2thumbs: Great first shots. Good luck with your new camera!
    . . . David

9. rpavich

rpavich SC Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Thanks David!