Sony Old School Leather Case for RX100

Hobbs

I just purchased an RX100 about a week ago and have been sorting it out as I learn more than I ever knew before about photography LOL

Anyway ... I've lurked through the entire Sony RX100 Forum and have found much useful information. At some point I've seen discussion of the old school style 2 piece leather cases (that hang around the neck) but can't find those threads now ... or at least the one I'm looking for that I'd seen previously (it had a link to a Japanese video that was kinda speeded up and featured a 3rd party leather case in brown).

The problem with most leather cases is that the bottom half of the case covers the USB port. That is unacceptable for my use. If anyone has a recommendation for a leather case that custom fits the RX100 and doesn't cover the USB port, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank YOU !!!

Something like this (which Sony has discontinued) but in leather (don't care if it has "Sony" on it or not):

pSNYNA-LCJRXA~B_main_v500.png

Photo credit: http://store.sony.com/camera-carryi...t=pfm=product_cross_sell&pfmvalue=27-LCJRXA/B

I have the case shown above (Sony-LCJ-RXA) and although I wouldn't call it good value it appears to be available online.
It does a good job of protecting the on/off button from depressing as it's bounced around in my handluggage and the USB Port is still accessible for charging the battery.

I don't think it's real leather though (maybe just the strap isn't, dunno) and because it isn't real leather (PU leather I think), I've read some reports of the polyurethane "coming undone" over time with just normal use. And you're right about the value LOL. At that price it SHOULD BE real leather throughout.

The Sony cases are a sort of faux leather.

Mine came free with the RX100 as part of a Sony deal last summer - I wouldn't have bought one for the normal asking price. I think it looks smart, and I will use it on occasion, but to be honest I've been a lot happier with the cheap nylon case with a belt loop which I bought subsequently.

-R

Look at the Gariz cases. Search for "gariz rx100 case" on eBay and you'll see options. Not sure if you have the RX100 or RX100 II...and, if you have the latter, if you have a grip on it...

I have the original RX100 not the M2.
But yep, cover and half case with neck strap in leather is what I'm looking for.
If Gariz doesn't cover the USB port, it may be what I'm looking for.
I see they have Gariz on Amazon too. Off to check it out. THANKS !!! ~~~

The Gariz cases do not cover the USB latch, I believe. And they leave the strap lugs exposed, even if you use the cover attachment.

So you can just use whatever neck strap you would've used anyway.

Back