Olympus 25% Off Sale on Reconditioned Items

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Biro, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Olympus USA's periodic sale on reconditioned cameras and lenses is back through March 22nd. But this time the discount is 25 percent instead of 20 or 15 percent. The discount code is SPRING.

Outlet Store | Olympus

2. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Dang. $540 for an EM5 II. :shakehead:

3. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    The same for an E-M1 before it sold out. And I got one. It'll balance well with my Lumix 100-300 f/4-5.6. Any PRO glass will have to come in future sales.

4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Not much in the lens dept being offered. An O9-18 for $300 is the only real tempting piece of mu43 glass. Bit more of a selection for 4/3 glass.

5. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin SC Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Did you really see a micro43 version of the 9-18mm in the store today? That's the only one I was looking for :-D

I did see a four thirds 9-18mm, but that's now gone too. So looks like these come and go in a snap :)

The four thirds lenses are generally a bit overpriced in the Olympus store - compared to used prices. And not necessarily flawless. (My 12-60mm had a lot of longish microscratches in the front element. Guess they're not affecting the image quality, but then again I have other 12-60 to compare it against)

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    the 9-18 I saw earlier was a Zuiko..... NOT an m. Zuiko

the lens selection was marginal. And when I went to put either color of the 45mm in my cart it was out of stock..... and I was in there 2 minutes after I got the email alert.

Of course I don't even need one. I've had the camera (unused) for almost 6 months. But no one wants to buy it so I may as well buy another lens to keep unused with it. I am also in the market for a 75mm lens to not use and would consider a 60 macro to gather dust as well (if the price is right). :hide:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Tilman Paulin

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    If you're still looking for a 45mm, Luke, I'm "trying" to reduce my lenscollection a bit - and with the 45mm being my least used lens... (actually the PanaLeica 25mm shares that place).

(Originally the plan was to replace both my 45mm and my 60mm with the 50mm zuiko macro... But then Olympus gave us focus stacking for the 60mm so there went that plan :-D It's hard to part with perfectly fine stuff :-D )

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I thought I did. Now I know how those Bigfoot spotters feel.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tilman Paulin

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    He's real of course! :) We spotted one of his footsteps on one of our hikes:

21164677633_d73611b542_c.
    Bigfoot footprint
    by tilman paulin, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1