1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Serious Compacts and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/help/terms

[FS] Olympus 35-S fixed-lens rangefinder, ex condition

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Brian, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    A vintage Olympus Rangefinder, one that I did a flood-clean job on the shutter and cleaned the viewfinder. "It's feeling much better now". This camera is pretty, and an early full-frame 35mm camera from Olympus. The "Tower" symbol means it was sold through Sears. A piece of history.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glass is clean, viewfinder/RF is clean. This camera features auto-parallax/ projected framelines. Push on cap (marked Ricoh) included. Paypal, personal check Okay. Shipping is not refundable.

$45 shipped within the US via priority mail, $50 to Canada via first-class International, $80 shipped outside the US via priority mail. If International First Class is preferred, price is $40+actual shipping. Shipping prices out of the US are "all over the place". If it is less than my estimates, I will refund difference. If it is more than my estimate, you win.

2. Grinch

Grinch SC Rookie

0   0   0

Jun 4, 2012
    If I wasn't in Canada I'd be all over this. The shipping kills us northeners, not your fault. GLWS

3. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    For Canada- First Class International is not bad.

Price to Canada first-class international is $50.

4. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Aug 15, 2010
    Any sample images with it?

5. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    No samples with this camera. All functions "dry-checked" after the flood cleaning and viewfinder cleaning. I picked up two boxes of "need TLC" cameras as a gift after doing some lens work for an RFF member. The Three Canonets that I sold here were from those boxes as well, not film checked before putting up.

This particular camera- checked the shutter at all speeds, sounds right. With print film, latitude of film covers these mechanical shutters.

This camera is uncommon, and a check of Ebay prices- a broken one that would be a great paperweight is priced above $70, without shipping.

6. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

0   0   0

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Brian, this lil' cam looks intriguing....a shame it won't work in Australia or the rest of the southern hemisphere....
    Best of luck finding a Northern buyer...
    :wink:

7. Joey Wilson

Joey Wilson SC Rookie

0   0   0

Mar 19, 2012
    I once read an interview with an Olympus rep who said they were an optical engineering company who made cameras 'on the side'. As a happy owner of an Oly 35SP, and a former owner of an XA and a 35RD (WHY did I let that one go ?!?), these little Oly 35's are usually over-engineered gems, better built than the typical Electro 35 or Canonet (I have both), on a par with the Konica Auto S cams. If you've never owned on of these fixed-lens 35's, THIS one is a great place to start !

Joey Wilson