Micro 4/3 Olympus E-M10 - The new GF1 !!

The latest Olympus camera body that I tried the 14mm on was an E-M5, and while it was generally very good there were still some occasions where camera and lens weren't quite co-operating and the focus would hunt. I've had a few Panasonic zoom lenses and the AF of all of them has behaved perfectly well on Olympus bodies but the 20mm, 14mm and 25mm primes (ranked from worst to best) just seem to AF with more surety on Panasonic bodies, even my old GH1.

The latest Olympus camera body that I tried the 14mm on was an E-M5, and while it was generally very good there were still some occasions where camera and lens weren't quite co-operating and the focus would hunt. I've had a few Panasonic zoom lenses and the AF of all of them has behaved perfectly well on Olympus bodies but the 20mm, 14mm and 25mm primes (ranked from worst to best) just seem to AF with more surety on Panasonic bodies, even my old GH1.

I can't say I've ever noticed it hunting, but that order sounds right. I wonder how the 15mm does.

Back