Olympus E-P3 w/Kit Lens $399 at Adorama

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Biro, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  2. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Price up to $499 as of today, April 22. Drat.

3. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Its really a shame because I want the OMD sensor in an E-PX form. Maybe Olympus is rolling these out for a new camera?

4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I believe the EP5 is coming out soon. But alas, non built-in VF.

5. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yeah, and close to $1000. I settled for an E-PM2 and am quite happy. Maybe check out the E-PL5.

6. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Fine by me. Don't want it or need it. I know thats blasphemy around here, but thats why I liked the E-PX format to begin with.

7. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    I'm really wondering how they will justify a price that may be higher than the E-M5 will be retailing for. What can the E-P5 have that more than offsets the EVF and whatever else they don't carry over from the E-M5? The sensor is not getting updated (I don't think). As much as I don't like the pyramid atop the E-M5, I don't think I'd be willing to pay more for a lesser camera just to go flat on top.

8. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I agree with you but this tends to happen as one camera generation begins to replace another. The E-P5 will be brand new, so it may sell at MSRP for a while, which might be a bit more than the discounted OM-D will be selling for. But when the OM-D's replacement is announced (allegedly in September or thereabouts), the situation with be rectified. But people may still get a great deal on the OM-D, which is what I am waiting for. This often happens with other camera brands as well.

9. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    Good point Biro. I guess the question is how long will the E-P5 be selling alongside the E-M5 before the E-M6 (?) arrives?

10. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Adorama's price for the E-P3 with kit 14-42 len is now $379 - both on their site and also via Amazon.com. Guess what? I picked one up. If you decide to get one, don't forget to use Amin's links.

11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I wish they offered it without the lens for $50 less