Olympus E-P3 w/Kit Lens $399 at Adorama

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Biro, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Biro

Biro SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  2. Biro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Price up to $499 as of today, April 22. Drat.

3. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Its really a shame because I want the OMD sensor in an E-PX form. Maybe Olympus is rolling these out for a new camera?

4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I believe the EP5 is coming out soon. But alas, non built-in VF.

5. Biro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yeah, and close to $1000. I settled for an E-PM2 and am quite happy. Maybe check out the E-PL5.

6. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Fine by me. Don't want it or need it. I know thats blasphemy around here, but thats why I liked the E-PX format to begin with.

7. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    I'm really wondering how they will justify a price that may be higher than the E-M5 will be retailing for. What can the E-P5 have that more than offsets the EVF and whatever else they don't carry over from the E-M5? The sensor is not getting updated (I don't think). As much as I don't like the pyramid atop the E-M5, I don't think I'd be willing to pay more for a lesser camera just to go flat on top.

8. Biro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I agree with you but this tends to happen as one camera generation begins to replace another. The E-P5 will be brand new, so it may sell at MSRP for a while, which might be a bit more than the discounted OM-D will be selling for. But when the OM-D's replacement is announced (allegedly in September or thereabouts), the situation with be rectified. But people may still get a great deal on the OM-D, which is what I am waiting for. This often happens with other camera brands as well.

9. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    Good point Biro. I guess the question is how long will the E-P5 be selling alongside the E-M5 before the E-M6 (?) arrives?

10. Biro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Adorama's price for the E-P3 with kit 14-42 len is now $379 - both on their site and also via Amazon.com. Guess what? I picked one up. If you decide to get one, don't forget to use Amin's links.

11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I wish they offered it without the lens for $50 less