Olympus E-P5 Pix Leaked

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by Biro, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I think that image is a fake, but it's a good looking camera as all the E-Ps have been

3. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Luke, why do you think it's fake? Any fakester would have surely put in the EVF people are crying for. I think it's the real deal.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    just something about the rendering to me looks like it was done in software. I'm not smart enough to know why.....I just looks a little "off". The real one may very well look like this, I just don't think that this is a photograph of one.

5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Looks pretty.

But I'm intrigued about the launch of an EPL6 ... why EPL6? The EPL5 was just released not too long ago, and it already has the OMD sensor. What else can be done on the EPL6 to differentiate it from the EPL5, but without infringing on the EP5?

6. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    The lighting change along the lower edge of the handgrip looks odd to me.

7. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    The E-PL6 will be able to achieve world peace and put an end to hunger, illness and ignorance.

8. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Then I need an E-PL6......STAT! ......'cause I am starving over here. I'm gonna start eating LPs pretty soon. That Lean Cuisine just doesn't last 5 hours.....and I got 3 more to go.

9. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I feel your pain.

10. wolfie

wolfie SC Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Usually 43rumors gets it right when it this close to actual launch date. I remember scoffing at the E-300 pictures saying no one would ever try to sell something that ugly - and two days later it was official ( and still as ugly - and yes I bought one ...). Not expecting a built in VF, that seems to a point of difference between the OM-D and the PEN ranges. Do like the front scroll wheel by the shutter button. And apparently even faster AF - again!

11. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    It'd be great if Oly improves the CAF.

12. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    I wonder - are there now two wheels? Still the back thumb one, and now the front? If they can make the OVF relatively sleek and lockable, it could be a winner, though you still cant do evf and flash head, most likely.

13. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    I'm sold. I don't need an evf and don't want to pay for it.

14. Stan

Stan SC Regular

Apr 19, 2013
    California
    Stan
    Rumored 5-axis IBIS. Good sign!