Olympus Olympus Stylus 1 Dramatic tone images

Andy, I think you hit the nail on the head: The Oly dramatic tone filter works for some things and not others. And I believe that's exactly what Oly thinks. But there's no doubt that it works here. Nice job.

Thanks guy's :)

All the art filters are way over the top in my opinion. The Cross Process green is strong but ok. The same effect on the Ricoh GR is less strong and really nice! The Pink cross process effect is just stupid LOL

Thanks guy's :)

All the art filters are way over the top in my opinion. The Cross Process green is strong but ok. The same effect on the Ricoh GR is less strong and really nice! The Pink cross process effect is just stupid LOL

I played with art filters in the XZ-1 for about... oh... a day. Over it. Its not a selling point for me anymore. Your first shot was great but you know you can do as well if not better, in post.

Great images Andy !
I think this is one amazing little camera and very much overlooked by many especially in the reviews I've seen & read about it. However if you look at the very comprehensive and full test / review done by the Imaging Resource you'll learn just how very capable it is.

it's on my 'wish list' ,when funds allow , if only Olympus had priced it more favourably then it wouldn't have to battle for acceptance against similarly priced DSLRs & micro 4/3rds cameras. Hopefully enough discerning photo enthusiasts will 'discover' it and enjoy the features and quality images it can capture.

When I eventually get one........... when the price drops ;) Hopefully. I'd love to see Olympus or a 3rd party host a specific training event for the Stylus 1 so owners / users can find out exactly how the camera works & the best way to set it up for their personal type of photography as the Olympus manual does not always make it clear how to use certain features, setting up WiFi for example.

Please keep reporting back on how you get on with this camera.

Thanks,

Ian.

The thing is, that sensor and what you can do with it doesn't need help from filters. Perhaps Joe Average might like them, but you dont need them :)

I don't think it is a question of "need" Sue - and yes I agree that you have more control in PP - but what I like about the Art filters (and yes I do use them quite a bit but also use Nik software to play with other images so I would not consider myself "Joe Average") is that you see the effect right then. Therefore I can say "I like this effect, but perhaps if I change the shot a bit...." which is something you can't do if you put your effects on after leave the area. But to each his own - as long as we get the end result that pleases us.

I don't think it is a question of "need" Sue - and yes I agree that you have more control in PP - but what I like about the Art filters (and yes I do use them quite a bit but also use Nik software to play with other images so I would not consider myself "Joe Average") is that you see the effect right then. Therefore I can say "I like this effect, but perhaps if I change the shot a bit...." which is something you can't do if you put your effects on after leave the area. But to each his own - as long as we get the end result that pleases us.

True, however I was directing my remark at Andy, who I think is a talented photographer who really doesnt need those filters :)

True, however I was directing my remark at Andy, who I think is a talented photographer who really doesnt need those filters :)

I understand that it was directed towards Andy - and that he a talented photographer - but I still stand by my opinion that they provide an added ability (instant viewing of the results) that doing these filter effects in PP does not allow for.

Back