1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus SZ14 / SZ31MR Any Photos from these ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Forum' started by ReD, Apr 4, 2013.

1. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Title says it all really Olympus SZ14 / SZ31MR Any Photos from these ?

When I was looking to buy at Xmas I held both these & was quite smitten with them in my hand
    Neither offered manual control & the sensor seemed a bit dated so I didn't take the plunge

I'd still like to see what kind of image quality they offer though if anyone here uses them

2. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Well, here are a couple of reviews you might find interesting:

Olympus SZ-14 Review | PhotographyBLOG

Olympus SZ-31MR Review - Digital Compact Cameras

Personally, I have always questioned megazoom focal lengths on cameras with no viewfinder. I can't imagine getting sharp images is easy way out at the long end - even with image stabilization - when one is holding the camera in the "stinky baby diaper" position. But maybe that's just me.

3. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Thanks I've read reviews but would like to see personal shots

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
  5. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Thanks Sue - I had the same thought & looked up the SZ14 on Flickr

6. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Happily impressed with the SZ 31 from the above link - not so much with the SZ14 with what I've seen at moment

7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I'm contemplating getting another Fuji FxxxEXR. I sold the 550 I had but I have missed it. I like the superzoom. And, the Fuji has a slightly larger sensor than the Oly, as well as RAW and manual exposure control

8. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Well I don't have much need for the superzoom as yet, I also don't need wifi or gps but I like the idea of me using manual - which is why I got the F660EXR (apart from its £90 cheaper than the SZ-31MR) - Try Fuji Shop refurb for £80

No RAW on the 660 though you need another

9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I don't think I have access to that from AU. Got a link? Otherwise theres a local company that dropships from Hong Kong and I can get a 770 for $AU146 but I am still hesitating.

10. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013