Olympus XZ-1 Reviewed by Imaging Resource

Very interesting, Lili. Thanks so much for your feedback. I have a friend who could be interested...if I mention this to her. However she is really going to be a point and shooter...no controls, just good out of the camera jpegs and a camera for a big trip to Turkey in June. I'd been steering her towards a Canon Powershot. How do you think the out of the camera images are with absolutely no tweaking? Is there a program mode? I know, I know...I can read a review, but I'd rather ask you!

Very interesting, Lili. Thanks so much for your feedback. I have a friend who could be interested...if I mention this to her. However she is really going to be a point and shooter...no controls, just good out of the camera jpegs and a camera for a big trip to Turkey in June. I'd been steering her towards a Canon Powershot. How do you think the out of the camera images are with absolutely no tweaking? Is there a program mode? I know, I know...I can read a review, but I'd rather ask you!

It does well; the last shot I posted was straight ooc, There is an Intelligent Auto mode, that does everything for you but you do have manually raise the flash to use it. There is also a Program Mode as well. so the snap shooter will rather like it. However, it is hard to go wrong with any powershot IMHO.

Thanks, Lili. I also just remembered that she wants/needs a camera with AA batteries. Oh well. I am, however, glad you're so pleased with this Olympus!

Ahhh that is a wise choice in batteries when traveling, one can get them anywhere. I have and external charger and two batteries as well as a freniac grip on order for my Oly

5685241747_24c19100cd_b.jpg

1/30 sec, f1.8, ISO400, exp comp and sharpened in Silkypix
5685229593_01c7811f48_b.jpg

1/1600 sec, f2.8, ISO 100, exp comp and sharpened in Silkypix
Both at 28mm-e

Lili, nice sharp pics! I just noticed that you are in Dallas. Then I went to your Flickr stream and noticed that you are one of the first people that I remember seeing at Flickr when I first joined back in January 2009!!! I remember all the photos that you'd take during your commute. What a small world running into you here after two years!

Lili, nice sharp pics! I just noticed that you are in Dallas. Then I went to your Flickr stream and noticed that you are one of the first people that I remember seeing at Flickr when I first joined back in January 2009!!! I remember all the photos that you'd take during your commute. What a small world running into you here after two years!

A very small world indeed!

Your pictures show how good the XZ-1 can be in the right hands. I recently bought one to take along with the Fuji X100 on a short family vacation. Somehow I'm still struggling to really like it. Maybe because the X100 output is so outstanding in comparison. The Oly colors are quite something, though.

Back