1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Only watch this when a hot beverage is in reach :)

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Wolf, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Wolf

Wolf SC Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    Went out today to take some photos of the cold winter we are having.
    All photos were taken with nex 6 and konica 40mm f1.8 or 135mm f3.2

• Like Like x 5
  2. norman shearer

norman shearer SC Veteran

Nice series. Depicts very well the current weather conditions. I have both those lenses myself. Sadly they have been neglected recently. I was hoping to shoot some street today but got stuck in traffic and a journey that normally takes half an hour took 3 hours. Plus I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to the cold. I can only stomach about an hour and have to get back to warm up.

3. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    We haven't really had snow yet. I should probably shush or we will get buried but I do want to shoot in the snow sometime this year. Love the little ornament shot :)

4. Wolf

Wolf SC Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    The most annoying was lens swapping in the cold, with no place to put my bag and near frozen hands.
    Despite the fact that the konica's are good lenses, I don't think they are ideal for these kind of photos, but atm I don't have another camera (I sold my XE1 body to get the 18-55 kit :p)

5. Wolf

Wolf SC Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    and two new shots with the 135mm, during fresh snowfall

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Ah, the hot beverage and the nice photos

Your excellent series reminds me of one of my favorite activities: reading stories of arctic survival in front of a roaring fire, preferably with pie and coffee at hand.

Cheers, Jock

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wolf

Wolf SC Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    hehe, so you don't want to be one of the arctic survivalists ? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    I did my time in Arctic conditions (Alaska), and No, I don't want to do it again. Still have son and daughter there. Old bones love the summer sun.

9. Wolf

Wolf SC Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    I used to love winter, and yes I can still enjoy snow and walking in it though I tend to prefer spring and summer now too (though 20 degrees C is more then enough for me)
    Snow is a burden to drive in, especially by bicycle ;)