Out on the Trail

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by tonyturley, Feb 5, 2017.

1. tonyturley

tonyturley SC Top Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    Took my bike on an 8 mile spin along Glade Creek in southern WV yesterday. Hard to believe people kayak this stream. X-T1 + Tokina 17mm/3.5

DSCF7542.
    DSCF7560-1.
    DSCF7551-1.
    DSCF7544-1.JPG
    DSCF7548-3.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Looks a great place to scoot around......seems very quiet, not many people there. Like the tones in these shots.

3. tonyturley

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    Thanks Pete. It is a very peaceful spot, and is very remote. However, the campground at the mouth of the creek is very popular in good weather. I've been on the trail and never encountered a soul, but Saturday I saw two other bikers and 10 hikers. It was still peaceful, and the sound of the rushing water is very nice.

4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Nice shots, beautiful place! I would like to get a fat bike at some point...

• Like Like x 1
  5. tonyturley

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    Thanks Bart. I built my bike from parts I sourced from different vendors. I could have bought a turn-key one, but I wanted the experience of knowing how a bike works inside and out. I knew very little about bike mechanics when I started the project. It's amazing just how many pieces go into the making of a bike, and how they have to fit in certain ways. I learned a lot in the process.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1