Out with the FZ100

Discussion in 'Superzoom Salon' started by kyteflyer, Apr 22, 2013.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Just a couple.

A bit of sharpening on each, as well as cropping. Shot in jpg, not even RAW. I think my FZ is better than I think it is. Does that make sense?

A trizzied-up storm water outlet
    8672910763_2fb22f145a_b.
    water by kyte50, on Flickr

Shag drying his feathers. Mostly unconcerned about my being only 3 yards from him, but keeping an eye on me.
    8672910999_c8abdc6562_b.
    shag by kyte50, on Flickr

2. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    They look very good to me, Sue. I've never shot one so I can't comment more but I like the images.

3. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    I really like the shag pic, Sue. It looks like a kind of furry cormorant.

It makes perfect sense to me, that we can sometimes forget how good a particular camera is, or sometimes that the SOOC jpeg is perfectly and surprisingly OK.

4. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Very very nice Sue
    Excellent camera in excellent hands and eyes
    Motivates me to take out me HS30EXR

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Thanks, folks :)

@ Yeats... It *is* a cormorant. Just that we Aussies also call it a shag (slang) It had been preening and was drying its feathers.

@ Lili: DO!! I'd love to see more from that one from you.

I think I'm with Yeats in my desire to get close to the action without having to fuss with lenses. I contemplated taking the K5 and 55-300 but you know I wouldnt have been able to get that cormorant shot, it would have taken off like a rocket. It was far less threatened by the little panny and the XZ (which I also used)

6. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Cool. I'd name him "Aussie Powers".

The other side of the equation is, could you crop an image from the K5 + 55-300 and have it look as good as your Panny shot? You'd still need to change lenses, though.

7. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Thanks Sue, I really like the HS, silent, light if a little bulkier than my phones, LOL. Superb lens, EVF and Battery life.
    PLus I love the results with little Post processing.
    Its a deal then, I have been so not feeling like shooting for so long I will carry the Fuji with me every day for a Month!