Overexposed - The Queen's Wayfarers #1 - now published!

Discussion in 'News and Rumors' started by Lightmancer, May 6, 2017.

1. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Queens Wayfarer 4 Cover Portrait text.

Ok, after nine months of writing and an awful lot of researching, I have just published my first novel. It's an action adventure - a thriller set in Europe against the backdrop of Brexit and shifting political certainties. Our hero, Guy Miller, is a man of middle years who makes a living running photo courses. He uses a Fuji X-Pro2 (this has relevance to the plot). He finds himself recruited into a beyond top-secret organisation that has existed for the past 450 years solely to carry Britain's most important messages (and secrets) around the world. He now has to carry a dispatch across the Iberian Peninsula from Lisbon to Seville then back to England - and there's a French spy trying to stop him...

There's sex, violence, high octane car chases and military operations, as well as a race against time to find a mole at the very heart of the Queen's Wayfarers who could bring them to their knees - oh and there are some useful photo tips too.

Now out on Kindle for immediate download, and in paperback. Hope you enjoy it!

Amazon UK
    Amazon US
    Amazon AU

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Just downloaded it onto my Kindle. I have a bit of a queue to work through, but I look forward to getting to it...

Congratulations on getting it out there!

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    I've purchased - now where is my Kindle?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Oo. The paperbacks have arrived too. They are print on demand, and these have taken less than 24 hours... on a weekend. I have to send one to The British Library for posterity!

IMG_20170507_152531_920.

5. marlof

marlof Trying to focus Subscribing Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    Any chance of getting this in EPUB one day? I only do ebooks these days, and keep them in that format, so I have one big catalogue. Kindle just never did it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    There are ways and means of converting from Kindle to epub. I'm also a 99% epub reader, and use Calibre to store, manage, and convert my acquisitions. If Bill's book doesnt have DRM, Calibre would do the job. I'm betting it does, though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I don't much care for reading....any chance of an audiobook version. I'd like to hear it read my Michael Caine, please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Or Stephen Fry.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    No EPUB, I'm afraid, and DRM is in force.

The Kindle publishing platform is by far the easiest to manage from an author viewpoint so that's why I use it.

Luke, if you have an Amazon Echo or Dot, or the Reverb app it will read your Kindle books to you - the command is simply "Alexa, read Overexposed". It's not Sir Michael Caine, but I only told it to read the bloody book... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke

I was mainly joking (though I do detest reading). I'll probably buy a physical copy for my Dad. He may not get past the first few pages as he's not really forming new memories and can't recall what he read yesterday.....but it's probably it's so good, it won't matter ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. marlof

marlof Trying to focus Subscribing Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    I see there's a Kindle app for my phone. I'll get that for you book. And have my imagination provide Michael Caine as a reading voice. Which is why I love reading: it stimulates your imagination.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    I have used Calibre, and it works most of the time. I also found this: Convert Kindle Books to EPUB for Best Reading on iPad,Nook.. I have never tried it, but it claims to deal with DRM, which apparently is a problem in doing the kindle to epub conversion. Perhaps this would help if Calibre runs into problems.

If you have an Android device, there is a kindle app for that or you can download the kindle app for your laptop . . . that's how I am reading Bill's book.

Cheers, Jock

• Like Like x 1
  13. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I have KIndle apps. I was just pointing out alternatives to Marlof

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    Now purchased! Any particular actor I should picture as the protagonist?

15. Lightmancer

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Well, that's an interesting question... Here's my own current "casting":

Richard Armitage - Guy Miller
    Emily Watson - Jane Miller
    Gary Oldman - Roger Bowman
    Jean Reno - Leon Camus
    Jack Davenport - Andre Lucas
    Emily Blunt - Beth Shepherd
    Tom Hardy - Duncan Hood

I'd be very interested in the views of others as they read the book!!

• Like Like x 1