Panasonic Panasonic Announces Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Digital Camera

The thing I have to note about the FZ1000 compared to similar ILC kits is that the lens IQ on it actually seems to be better than the equivalent ILC options... All these images look spectacularly sharp.

I didn't notice the omission of a touch screen. That's rather unfortunate, as using the touch screen while using the EVF on the GH4 is one of my favorite features! Incredibly useful for following action.

Steve, you're not thinking like a superzoom purchaser here. :tsk: The joy of a superzoom is in knowing you have ALL the focal lengths covered (AND without ever needing to change a lens). One camera....no bag or extra lenses needed. .

Just exactly right. (Channeling my inner Shaolin sensei: "Ah, grasshopper, you learn well."

Cheers, Jock

I'm interested in fixed lens cameras like this, the RX line, the X-Vario, the G1X and so on because I already have a "system with lenses" and for my second format "sensor size" I don't want to start building up a stable of lenses. I much prefer the idea of one and done. That way if I tire of the the format, I sell the camera. I don't have a bunch of lenses to deal with. These smaller mirrorless formats are where technological advancements are happening at a quicker pace than in the dslr world which makes it all the more likely that I'll suffer from the grass is greener over there far more often because a particular company has a better this or that. The "this or that" may be a big deal with the way I shoot so the easier in and out of the format the better.

Also the second format for me is likely being bought in the spirit of greater portability, therefore one fixed lens is much preferred to interchangeable lenses. That's how it works for me.

Back