Panasonic GX7 Body $728 at Samy's and Samy's Via Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Biro, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Nice!! Maybe it'll be $650 in another month!

3. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Maybe. Hard to say with Christmas sales. Either it'll be $650 after the first of the year or we won't see it this low again until next Christmas.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I was hoping the GX7 was the true successor to the gf1 but with a viewfinder. Close but no cigar. Bring back the drive mode toggle FFS. Switching to exposure bracketing by clicking one switch instead of menu diving would be very welcome to me. I kind of gave up exposure bracketing (and HDR) when I sold my gf1......maybe I should re-get one.

5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    With two more stops of dynamic range, you could argue that the GX7, has -1,0,+1 bracketing built-in to every shot :smile:

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    can't I just enjoy a good gripe without someone ruining it with facts:cool:

Still, I'd like the drive function (and self-timer) on that second dial like the gf1 had.

7. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    It really must not be selling well with stiff competition from the OMD.

I still really prefer the GX7 over the OMD though. If it ever dropped under $500 I might seriously consider it.

8. Luckypenguin

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Lol, sorry. I didn't realise that it had disappeared on the latest Panasonics (still rocking the GH1).

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    the gf1 was the LAST Panasonic camera that had that function (last Panasonic camera I bought and kept, now that I think about it.) I used to really like the Panasonic cameras....LOVED my G1 and gf1. Every new iteration seemed to take something away that I valued.

10. Luckypenguin

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Panasonic as a camera maker frustrate me, and I say that after having owned and used one for two and a half years and having kept close tabs on them since. They are right up there at the pointy end of technology and they unquestionably know how to make a fast, responsive, and flexible camera, but for me there is always a but. My major pet peeve is that they still seem to design their cameras with a "normalised" live view display rather than one that shows a 100% accurate preview of the final exposure. This drives me to distraction on the GH1; why does the screen/EVF lighten and darken as you adjust exposure compensation if the exposure isn't correct to begin with? It essentially makes the live view displays almost as "dumb" as a traditional OVF with respect to exposure. The GX7 itself seems like it is a fantastic camera and seems to have everything that is great about Panasonics but I had a few niggles with it after handling one. Foremost amongst these was that I question why a camera with a 4:3 aspect sensor has both a rear screen and EVF with a 16:9 aspect.

My biggest respect for Panasonic is as a lens maker; an area where they have excelled. I'm hoping that the upcoming 15mm f1.7 is indeed the missing, high IQ, wide-angle link in the 25/1.4, 45/1.8 chain of primes.

11. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
  12. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Well, you're in luck, Luke. An Amazon.com seller has some new-old stock of the GF1 - no jive - if you're willing to pay the going freight. :eek:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-GF1-Four-Thirds-Interchangeable-Digital/dp/B002IKLJUK/