Micro 4/3 Panasonic LX100!!!! Money is flying from my credit card!

wt21

Hall of Famer
Seriously,

Is this not the definition of the former name of this site :)

Look at this little gem. $899 USD (based on specs, I thought for sure it'd be $1299). This puts pressure on everyone.

Chris-Gampat-The-Phoblographer-Panasonic-LX100-first-impressions-product-images-1-of-6ISO-4001-160-sec-at-f-5.0-680x453.jpg

Form the Phoblograher review First Impressions: Panasonic LX100

Ap, SS and EV dials. Leaf shutter. 11 fps.

I am as cheap as the day is long, but this could replace a lot of kit, and I am not sure I can wait a year for prices to drop (and they might not, anyway!)

I just hope the bokeh is sweet and the AF solid (it should be, given Panny's experience)

p.s. similar size to the EOS-M. 6mm longer, same height, though thicker by +23mm

This is actually pretty close to the size of the old Canon Canonette

Canonette: 120 × 75 × 60 mm
LX100: 115 x 66 x 55 mm

Assuming everything works as intended (as I fully expect from any LX series cam), this one has "instant classic" written all over it. I don't have any need for a compact zoom, but I'm gonna be hard pressed to resist this baby...

-Ray

Ray, I had you down for this one a couple weeks ago.

I've just about got the rationale worked out.

Large kit - Df with a few lenses and Coolpix A for street.

Small kit - LX100, RX1, and Coolpix A. Either fits in the Ona Bowery unless I take too many lenses with the Df, in which case I have to go with a Turnstyle sling bag.

Super small kit - either LX100 or Coolpix A, depending on how much street shooting factors in...

I'll have to polish it up for the judges, but I've just about got it down... :D

-Ray

Fuji's been building some amazing tech, but I think the X10/20/30 series as currently configured, is done now.

Yeah, sure looks like it. I was really hoping and believing the X30 would've jumped to a 1" sensor. $600 for <1" doesn't seem defensible at this point.

Lx 100 Mmmm

I have been looking at some of the tasters for the new Pany LX100, it looks like a really tasty camera to replace the LX7 especially as it has the Mu43 sensor, EVF and a super fast leica lens all in a body resembling a shrunken Pany LC1.

For those occasions where a single camera with fixed zoom covering the primary focal length 24-70 with a fast f1.7 will suffice this looks like it might be a winner.

I suspect the major downfall will be price as I have read it could be around $800.00 plus so expect a £600 plus UK price - ouch.

Time will tell but looks like a nice piece of kit!

Ah, yes... but the LX100's true competition probably isn't your Fujis as much as it is the one-inch sensored cameras. In that sense, it's a home run. But I still want to scream: No built-in flash! Argh! :doh:

Yep, the more I think about I conclude that it's a deal-breaker for me. I'd happily pre-order the LX100 to replace my E-P5 kit, but that goofy little flash is going to stop me. I feel kind of stupid saying that. I'm not a big flash guy, but having it for fill flash, or when you just need it to get a shot is important to me. And I'm not giving up the benefits of interchangeable lenses to gain convenience and then give it right back by having to keep track of a little flash unit.

Oh well. Maybe gen2 for me. :rolleyes:

Back