Panasonic LX7 Cyber Monday Deal

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Biro, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Anyone remember one of our old Serious Compact favorites, the Panasonic LX7? B&H is offering it at $277 as a Cyber Monday deal.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Digital Camera (Black) DMC-LX7K B&H

I had one of these and loved it. But it's amazing to me how long the camera has managed to remain a current offering and how long Panasonic has kept the price up.

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hard for it to compete in today's market of bigger sensor/big zoom compacts.

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Guest

That's a great value - looking over my LX7 images, they look darn good - well worth the $277.

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    It's a fine price for a nice camera. But IIRC, Panasonic was regularly selling the LX7 for around $250-300 within months of it's release. The original RX100 was released at roughly the same time and took everyone by surprise with that larger sensor, and Pany was playing catch-up from the start. Unlike the earlier LX5, which stayed a lot closer to it's initial price for a lot longer than the LX7 managed to. If you want the camera, $277 isn't a bad deal, but considering it was often (not constantly, but it seemed like every few months they discounted it) sold for about the same price shortly after release, I don't find it all that remarkable more than three years later with the LX100 having been on the shelves for a year...

-Ray

• Agree Agree x 1