Paris, spring, and one compact (DSLR) camera - 1

Spending almost 3 weeks in Paris, this time with my trusty K5, and testing myself by shooting in areas that by now have about two trillion photos taken... Great fun. So far a bit flat light and showery, so not totally happy with results, but fun nevertheless. Two not bad ones...all with my city zoom (18-135)

Facing the Seine
image2.jpg

Old vs new
image4.jpg

Paris and spring - 2

Shooting by Night has been more rewarding here in Paris; these are all available light with my much-loved FA77... The bokeh machine.

Showers and light
image5.jpg

Velib bikes by night
image6.jpg

Pont des Arts at dusk
image7.jpg

Paris and spring - street photography - 3

I have never felt like a comfortable "street" shooter, but these are a few that approximate street/people shooting, again from a recent trip to Paris. Quite happy with the first in particular - shot from across the river with ~115mm setting on the 18-135 Pentax zoom.

Socializing on the steps
CM32041.jpg

Good Move...
CM31835.jpg

I protest
CM31916.jpg

Downhill
CM31802.jpg

nice series. i especially like the first night shot. did the same thing with my wife last year. only brought the x100 and my film xpan. never missed any of my other gear...

Actually Glasgow might be the next city trip with photos in mind; last time I was there I had only my Lumix LX3, and it had trouble penetrating the gloom.... But I have relatives there and we enjoy Glasgow, so perhaps in the autumn.

Back