1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pentax K-01 kit with 40mm lens, case, spare battery and SD card for $447

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Nov 1, 2012.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
  2. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    If some young art photo enthusiast asked me about a good camera on a low budget, I'd send them first to this K-01 deal and second to Craigslist and KEH.com for some wonderful cheap manual focus primes. For about $500 you can probably put together a killer 3 prime setup paired to the excellent Sony 16 megapickle sensor in the K-01.

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    If it had a viewfinder, I'd buy it in a second. One in white and one in yellow!

4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The IQ is certainly there. The DPR samples and comparison photos are great.

5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    This was down to $316 on Amazon last night for the yellow. Sold out in 2 hours.

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    With the lens?! Now I have uncurable GAS.

7. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    With the lens. Noticed it on my phone when I was out last night. Thought it would hold until I got home. It was gone.

8. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    With the lens. Egad. And I thought I had a good deal with the body only. Drat. :eek:

9. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    The K-01 with the 40mm lens still pops up on Amazon for $316. I missed it two days ago. I just missed it again just now. The add to cart link was still there for $316 but when I hit it they said it was OOS. The fact that the link was still there means I missed it by seconds. SECONDS!!!!. It still shows up on the search page.

Attached Files:

• k-01.
      k-01.jpg
      File size:
      100.3 KB
      Views:
  10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    ouch!

11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    If it had a viewfinder it would be a K-5 (almost). I periodically get tempted by the K-01 but I think its going to disappear and be replaced by something better. This price drop though.... arghhh.